Chapter 29:

Chapter 29:

Biological father’ repeats over and over again in my head. “Carl is my biological father.” I state totally confused.

Carl nor Megan have told me anything different. Carl has always been the man that has been there to beat me and do everything else to me. Another man, Mr. Porter has never been there. My eyes start to water as I realize that I have had a horrible life when in truth I didn’t need to have one. “You should have been there.” I say starting to get angry. A tear leaks from my eyes only making me angrier because this man doesn’t deserve to see me at my weakest. “If you’re my so called father you should have been there to protect me. To keep me safe.”

Brian looks taken aback for a second before his eyes turn sad. “I know I should have been there for you and I will forever be in your debt because I was not.”

Tears fall down my cheeks and I whisper “Why weren’t you?”

“I didn’t know.” He says sadly but strongly and I look up at him to see tears in his eyes also. He looks so torn and confused. “I just found out about you Friday and i booked the first flight here.”

Confused I wipe my eyes and asks “Who told you about me?”

“South Carolina courts called and informed me that Mr. and Mrs. Carter were trying to adopt my daughter. I was shocked because I didn’t know I had a daughter and then they told me that Megan was your mother and it all made sense.” He tells me wiping his eyes also.

“What do you want?” I ask him seriously wanting to get to the point. Trust me I am happy to know that Carl the evil man was not my true father but I don’t want to leave Dallas and Avlon.

Avlon sucks in a deep breath when Brian just watches me. I look over at her and see her eyes watering, it makes me really concerned because she doesn’t need to be stressing about this. “Please don’t take my baby.” She finally pleads.

Dallas shushes her but he also looks pained thinking the same as she is. “Do you like living with these people?” Brian asks me seriously and I nod quickly.

“They are the best thing that has ever happened to me and Avlee. I couldn’t have asked God for more, I don’t want to leave them.”

Brian nods with a sad smile. “I’ll sign the papers but I want to get to know you Braylee.”

“Really?” I ask with a beaming smile. “Thank you so much Mr. Porter I would also like to get to know you. You sound like a very nice man and I know that God has brought you to me for a reason.”

Brian smiles and says “Please call me what ever you likes besides for Mr. Porter I hear that ever day at work.”

I chuckle at that and nod sitting back into my seat comfortably trying to process all of this. I have a father a real father. A father that actually wants to get to know me. A fthater that doesn’t want to beat and abuse me mentally and physically. “What do you do?”

Brian smiles and states “I am a lawyer in New York, I own my own firm.”

“Oh.” I say with eyes wide impressed “That is awesome.”

Chuckling amused Brian says “It has it’s days. Would you like to go out to eat with me tomorrow? I’ll be in town until you want me to leave or until I am needed at the firm.” He explains to me impressing me even more. Not only does he want to know me but hes taking off of work to get to know me. “Your parents can come ofcourse.” He tells me having a bit of a hard time saying parents.

I frown and state “I’m getting married tomorrow.”

Brian’s eyes widen as large as saucers and he opens and closes his mouth like a fish out of water. “Married?” he finally asks his voice totally shocked. “You’re only sixteen.” He states and I raise a brow at him.