Equinox: Chapter 13

Start from the beginning

Sean shrugged, "Paid the bills. I moved into a house with five chicks and lived on their pull out couch, though not going to lie I spent most nights in someone else's bed."

The room fell silent and all eyes turned to Darcy who was staring at Sean eyes wide and mouth pressed into a fine line. Her big eyes began to water and she turned and ran out of the store crying. Sage called after her but when the other girl didn't come back she turned on her heel and glared at Sean. "You are a disgusting human being." She stormed up and poked him in the chest, "She cried every night since you left and this is how you come back? She just stopped crying, she was just getting better!" Sage ran out after Darcy still calling her name.

Hailey was the next one to take a chunk out of new Sean, "I would say get yourself checked out but I don't care if you caught anything from those five chicks." She grabbed Jake's arm and pulled him back across the street where the climbed into his car.

Lilly sighed, "What happened to you, Sean?"

Sean threw up his arms in frustration, "What's to say something happened to me? Norah had control of me since I was five years old! She made me calm, nice, a socially awkward geek! This is the real me. This is who I was supposed to be if I had the life my parents wanted and if you kids don't like it I don't give a shit you're fucking kids."

. "I like new Sean." Mason said shoving his hands in his pocket s. "Welcome back, man."

Sean nodded once and turned back to Lilly, "This is who I am, take it or leave it."

"Leave it." Lilly snapped. Sean's glance landed on her but his face remained emotionless. She stepped forward with an accusing finger pointed at him, picking up where Sage left on in her anger. "Taking off after something like that and not telling anyone where you went? You could have been dead for all we know!" Mason started whistling behind her, when she glanced back her cocked an eyebrow.

Lilly sighed and turned back to Sean, "Long story short, you're a dick."

"Say it again and see how much I care about what you think of me."

Lilly's hand clenched into a fist but before she could lunge at her cousin Mason was standing between them with his arms out. "As much as I would like to see New Sean take on Angry Lilly this is not the time or place." He shoved Sean back slightly from the group, "Don't go anywhere, Essex, I want to talk to you later."

"Hennessey." Sean corrected him, "I'm legally changed my name to Sean Hennessey."

"Good because I don't want to think you have any part of my family." Lilly snapped back at him.

Sean smiled and stepped around Mason, "You can keep your psychopath Mumsie, hell maybe the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

That was it. Something inside of her snapped and Lilly lunged at Sean with her hands out ready grab hold of his neck and squeeze the life out of him. Before she touched his flesh a pair of hands grabbed her around the waist and hauled her back.

"No let me kill him! I want to kill him!" She yelled as she was being dragged farther and farther away from Sean. Mason was dragging her across the street to her car. He opened the door and flung her into the backseat before going through her bag for her keys and starting the engine.

Lilly sat up and tried to grab up but she was too late, he was speeding off into traffic and out of town. Mason was driving her car, touching her things, he went through her bag! How come all the boys she met in this goddamn town ended up being jerks? All the boys except for Jake.

As she tried reached for the wheel Mason slapped her hands away and swerved on the road, "Would you stop it?" He yelled, "You're going to kill us!"