Past 5: Bonnie, The Conceited One

Start from the beginning

Bonnie could only stare at them.

"W-what's going to happen now?" He was trembling. What's going to happen to his family? To him?

"Well, since our company was sold, we were forced to dismiss all of our workers."

"We're just going to start over."

 His parents tried to smile. But Bonnie was smart. He knew what was happening despite his age. And what will happen from now on.

"Since when did this start to happen?" he tried to ask.

"Last year...but we never thought it would come to this."

"Don't worry Bunbuns...everything will be fine."

No...it wouldn't. 

February 14, 2007

Word spread like wildfire.

"Did you hear? His parent's company got bankrupt!"

"So now he's the same as us, right?"

"What a loser."

"We should stay away from him."

Bonnie looked down as he walked his way towards his classroom. He convinced himself that everything will be fine. Besides, today was Valentine's Day and his whole conviction yesterday wouldn't be a big deal if he couldn't do it in the real thing.

He opened the door, clutching the box of chocolates closer to his chest.

"Uhh...can I talk to you for a minute Layla?" he asked.

Layla turned to him. Her friends just stared at him. Everyone in his class stared at him.

"Uhh...sure?"

"I mean, alone," he told her.

"Oh. Why not do it here? I'm kinda busy," she told him.

He gulped. If that's what she wants, then...

He put the box of chocolates in front of her. "Listen. Layla, ever since I met you, I knew that I...like you. So...can you accept my feelings?"

"..."

Silence.

"Layla?"

The class burst laughing and he could only stand there, frozen.

Layla laughed too. "Seriously? This is gold! I knew you had it in you Bonnie!"

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Well, if you asked me that before your parent's company went bankrupt, I would've agreed," she told him with a dark smile. He had never seen Layla's face like this before. She was different. Too different from the Layla he likes - he liked.

"Look at you. You're so pathetic. You like a pig that's about to cry, fatty."

Ouch. Bonnie wasn't fat.

Okay...maybe a little. 

No. Actually, he really was fat. And it wasn't just a little.

He stormed out of the room, arms covering his eyes that were producing huge waterfalls.

He sat in a corner and managed to stop crying.

"I'll get my vengeance, soon. And you will be the first one to taste it, Layla Jabel."