"knew that was coming" she sighed

"look, Anaya it wasn't by choice. i was in the army and they had deployed me back. i couldn't stay so i had to pack up in leave the day after i found out. and it just so happened to be when you was only 2" she sighed

"why didn't dad tell me that ?" i asked confused

"he hated the army, everyone he knew that was in the army died. his brother, his best friend, and even his own father. so when i told him i had to go back he wasn't having it. he didn't believe in raising a child alone. so he basically ended with me. he said he didn't believe i would be coming back alive........those were his last words to me" she said whipping a tear.

"how long were you over there for ?"

" a few months, i came back for a year and then i had to go back for 6 more years. once i came back for good i tried to get in touch with your father but he had changed his address and his phone number. i had nobody to turn to that would know where you were. so i had went back to my parents and that's when i met my husband and i had your sister. " she cheesed.

"there's not a day that went by that i didn't think about you. every time i looked at Bria i thought of you and it hurt"

"what about Will when did you have him?" i asked

"umm well when i came back after a few months, it was because i was pregnant with Will. i didnt know until i was 3 months in so they had to ship me back here." she sighed

"so hes dads son?" i asked

she nodded. " yea i left you when you were 2 years old, but i know you dont remember me. when you were two i had gotten pregnant with Will"

"does dad know he has a son by you ?" i asked now more interested in the story.

"no he doesn't know, your father and i didn't get along much once he didn't let me be in your life. the only reason i found out about your son is because my mother had ran into your father at the super market and asked about you and he told her. she forced him to call me and tell me. and he did. we argued soo much that night, i just couldn't understand why he would disown you like that at your weakest point" she sighed once again.

"i said the same thing but im glad he did because i wouldn't have been where im at right now without him neglecting me." i said grabbing her hand tighter.

"you think just like me, see something negative and turn it into a positive" i nodded cheesing.

"well i hope you can forgive me.."

"why wouldnt i, it wasnt your fault "

"yea but i feel like i could have fought harder to find you ." i sighed.

" well what matters to me is that you always loved me and wanted me and that we are together now " I smiled at her genuinely .

" oh how I missed you so much baby " she laughed as she got up and kissed my cheek.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Odell P.O.V.

I sat in Anaya's --wait no. I sat in our living room waiting for Anaya to come home from her lunch with her family. I surfed through the channels trynna find something to watch when I heard the front door unlock and then laughter follow.

" yes he's handsome mom I promise .... He should be somewhere in here " I heard Anaya say before she called my name .

" BABY?!"

"Right here " I said walking out the living room to be greeted by people at the front door smiling at me.

" hi, nice to meet you I'm Odell you must be Anaya's sister she told me about " I cheesed as I stuck out her hand.

" oh keep him Anaya I like em" she said making me and Anaya laugh.

" Hello I'm Anaya's mother Skylar" she said finally shaking my hand .

" mother ? Wow you look soo..... Young " I laughed

" yea I get that a lot ... This is what the gym does to you " we both laughed .

" this is my other daughter Bria and my son Will and his son Joshua" she said as I shook everyone of their hands .

" aren't you that guy on the Tv that plays football and caught that ball backwards ? " the little boy said making me smile

" yea , you play football?" I asked getting to his level.

" I play basketball but my dad said I can start playing football when I turn 4 cause I'm too young  " he said

" well when you get out there let me know Maybe you can play on the same team as Tristan " I said nodding towards Tristan

" okay " he smiled

I stood up as they all still stared at me .

" so I hear you got my daughter pregnant " her mom asked

" yea and I plan to be there every step of the way " I cheesed .

" that's what I like to Hear. Now let's go sit so we can chat " she said and I laughed leading us to the living room.

*************************************************

Anaya's family in the MM