Chapter 26

*Picture of Astrid*

I woke up feeling a hand draped around my waist. Soft snores reached my ears and I smiled to myself. Ryan was peacefully sleeping next to me. I gently ran my fingers into his hair.

Yawn.

I felt thirsty. Clock read 4:06 AM. Its really rare -me waking up at this hour, that is. Slowly lifting his hand up(which was very difficult), I went downstairs.

Switching on the lights I took the bottle out of fridge. Mathew and Astrid are still not back. After they ran we explained everything to the guys. They still had doubts about helping her. But now that she is Mathew's mate they have to help her anyway. I wish they make up and talk things through.

As I kept the bottle back I saw a silhouette of person standing in the backyard through the window. Quickly opening the door I went outside. "Who's there?" I called out. The person turned around .

"Astrid?" I said. "Yeah, its me" she said coming closer."hi"

"Hi"

"What are you doing here?"

"I.. I don't know"

"Do you want some water or something?"

"No"

"Do you want to talk?"

She shrugged. "Lets sit" I said. We sat on the steps. "Wh-why did you run?" I asked. "I..I" She sighed. "Its just so hard to accept that I found my mate. I guess I was just surprised. Shocked mostly." She paused. "I just lost Joe. I'm still not over him. I.. I liked him. He died in front of me. So I can't accept my mate like this. It would be unfair I guess."

"Astrid. It won't be unfair. I know you situation and I can understand you were shocked. But no one is asking you to accept this instantly. Take your time. Give Mathew time to prove himself "

"But I'm a rouge. Will he accept me?"

"He will. He knew you were rouge but still went after you. Didn't he? Mates don't see what you are, who you are. He would not stop until he finds you"

"But I'm still not over the fact that Joe died. And with this mate stuff its just so confusing."

"Take your time Astrid. It would be confusing and hard but at the end it will be worth it. The same happened to me"

"Really?"

"Yeah. Before I met Ryan I dated Luke. I liked him and when I found Ryan it was difficult to handle the situation. I didn't know what to do. But then I gave Ryan a chance because lets face it he was my mate, the one I'm destined to love. I slowly got to know him. Before Ryan came into my life my days were good but after that they became perfect. He made me happy. And I realized I just can't be without him. I really like him and... Ah. Lets not get into it. So all I wanted to say was if you don't give Mathew a chance you will regret it for rest of your life. No one can love you like your mate do. I'm sure Mathew will keep you happy. Just talk to him."

"You think?"

"100%"

"Okay. I will talk to him now."

I squealed hugging her. "All the best". She laughed. "Thank you Ahh.." She trailed off. "Ariel". "Thank you Ariel" and with that she was gone. Wow! That girl sure runs fast. I got up opening the door to go in..

"Ahhh" I screamed till a hand muffled my scream. By the shocks I knew who that was . "What the hell, Ryan? You scared the shit out of me" I scowled at him. "You scared me when I didn't find you sleeping beside me. What are you doing here at this hour?" He asked. "I was thirsty" I shrugged.