Chapter 18

*picture of Veronica *

I was too shocked to react to anything. Luke went crashing to the tree and Ryan stomped over there, growling. Grabbing Luke by collar he lifted him up. He threw a punch at Luke's face.

"RYAN!" I shouted running over him. He ignored me. Luke started fighting back and they rolled over each other. "How dare you touch her?" Ryan shouted throwing a punch.

"Keep your hands off her" he growled punching again. Luke rolled over him and punched him. "Don't act like you care about her" Luke yelled fighting back.

"She is MINE" Ryan growled shoving Luke. I watched them jaw wide open knowing very well that they were fighting over me. I tried to separate them but all went in vain. I released a frustrated breathe.

Conner, Alpha Vander, Lexi, Shawn and a few other members came running out. "What is going on here?" Lexi asked while others tried to move them both away.

"Ryan saw me hugging Luke and lost it" I told her angrily. Conner and Micheal were holding Ryan whereas Vander and Shawn holding Luke, both trying to break from the hold and pounce on each other.

"I don't think they are going to stop" Lexi whispered. I nodded worried. "Don't come close to her" Ryan shouted trying to break free.

"You are no one to tell me that" Luke shouted back. "Leave me now" Luke said trying to shrug their arms off. "Luke please stop" I shouted.

He looked at me. I pleaded him. "I wont fight" he sighed. Slowly they released him. He , throwing a glare at Ryan walked away from him. I whispered a quick thank you to him when he passed by.

Ryan who saw me whispering to him got more angry and thrashed in their arms. "What should I do now?" I asked Lexi looking over at Ryan.

"He is your mate. Go to him and try to calm him down" Lexi told. "Don't worry" she assured looking at my hesitant look. I nodded getting determined suddenly.

I marched over to Ryan.

Coming closer I asked them to release him. "Are you serious Ariel? He can hurt you" Conner said making Ryan growl. "Don't worry just leave him" I sighed.

Slowly they left him. Ryan was staring at me, his eyes black. I moved closer to him. "Ryan" I whispered. He stared at me intently.

"Lets go guys" Alpha Vander told everyone. Conner was about to protest but one look from me shut him up. They went inside. "Good luck" Lexi called before disappearing.

"Ryan, you don't have to get angry. There is nothing going on between me and Luke." I tried to assure him. He tilted his head and moved closer to me. My breathing hitched. Suddenly he wrapped his arms around my waist tugging me closer to him.

I gasped.

Sparks flew everywhere. He leaned in and... Smelled me? Why was he smelling me? "Hmm, you smell good" he murmured against my neck making me shiver.

I blushed.

What was going on with me? I completely forgot what I was going to say! Stay focused. Remember you are angry with him. He moved a little back looking at me. His eyes were back to normal. "Sorry for losing my temper" he started playing with a strand of my hair " but seeing you in arms of someone other than me made me mad" he said.

I pushed him back. He stumbled a little and looked up surprised. "You didn't have to start a fight. You shouldn't have done that to Luke when it was not his fault. It was just a friendly hug an.."