Chapter 14

*Picture of Alpha Ryan*

Serenity.

Thats what I felt now. Away from all people, in the forest. All I could hear was birds chirping and river flowing. The wind blew on my face, leaving a calming effect on me.

I found this place a little time before my birthday when I came out for a walk. This was the place I come to relax. To calm myself. To think.

My thinking place.

I closed my eyes. I wished I could be here forever. I didn't wanted to go back to pack house. I know I can't hide forever, its just that I am not ready yet. And to be honest I don't think I will ever be ready.

I could feel someone trying to contact me. I sighed. 'El!' I heard as I opened my mind link. 'Yeah Mathew?' I asked.
' thank god you replied! Where are you? You know you are gone for 3 hours! Luke is getting all worried' he told.

Three hours! I didn't realise that. ' I think you should come here now because Crystal lake pack has already crossed our border and will be here in any moment' he informed.

Only if he knew I was trying to avoid them. ' I know you don't want to meet them' he said. Not a surprise there .'You can't hide forever. Blair is also not here so we need you now.I think you should man up and come here. I am there to protect you' he teased making me laugh.

'Alright I am on my way' I replied and shut my link off. Guess I got no choice. I took a deep breathe and made my way towards the pack house.

I came near my pack house and already could feel they are here. My old pack. Coming in front of the door I took a breath and turned the door knob.

Now or never.

All heads snapped towards me,There were about 10-12 people in the room staring at me. They all eyed me weirdly. "Ahh El you are finally here!" Mathew said coming towards me. I nodded.

"You look familiar" Sheila said confused. She still looked the same. The girl beside her turned her head towards me. My eyes widened when I saw her.Veronica was seated beside her. I quickly composed myself.

"Really?" I asked sarcastically. "You don't recognize me Sheila?" I asked. "How do you know her name?" Veronica asked. Gosh! I hated her voice. "Aww you don't remember me either Veronica?" I sneered. "I thought atleast you would have remembered me " I complained.

She looked at me doubtfully. Have I changed so much that they can't recognize me also. Great I could use this as an advantage! Just as I thought my plan can be successful somebody ruined it. And that somebody was my brother.

"You?" Conner asked. I noticed him for the first time now. He still looked the same just a bit tired. "Ariel!?" He exclaimed. Shit! Here goes my plan to gutter. I turned towards him.

"Hello brother" I said enthusiastically. "Long time no see?" I cooed. He looked shocked. Everyone gasped still not believing its me. Ha! "Ariel is that really you, sis?" He asked again coming towards me. I stepped back and raised my hand.

"Don't come near me" I spat. " You are no longer my brother" I told him. He stopped mid-step and looked hurt. Serves you right! "Ariel sis, please don't say that." He pleaded standing exactly in front of me.

"I'm not your sis. Your sis died the day she left your pack" I spat. I don't know from where I was getting guts to talk. "Si.. I mean Ariel , I searched for you everywhere after you left.I missed you. Please forgive me" he pleaded.

"Forgive you?" I asked loudly." After what you told me that day. You didn't even trust me enough." I asked. "I know I should have trusted you. I'm sorry" he said.

I laughed sarcastically. " No, Conner I am sorry for being a embarrassment to you. A disgrace to the pack. A killer .Its not your fault. It was my choice to leave, you don't need to feel guilty. You should have been happy when I left because thats what you wanted right?" I asked.

"No Ariel! You are not an embarrassment. You are my little sis.I know I should have trusted you but I was angry. I love you" he said. Tears brimmed in my eyes.

Mathew placed his hand on my shoulder. I shook my head to him. Silently telling him not to interfere.

"You don't trust me" I muttered. "I do!" He said. "You don't trust me!" I shouted. "You never did and will never do. If you have trusted me you would not have called me a killer. It hurts so much when I think about it. So Don't pretend! I hate you." I spat. I turned towards other who looked at me still shocked. I threw them a look and went upstairs while Conner was still standing frozen.

I climbed up the stairs in hurry that I didn't see someone walking out of Luke's office and crashed into them. Before I could fall two arms wrapped around my waist steadying me. But that was not I was shocked about, because the moment that person's skin touched me I felt sparks.

I slowly looked up and found myself staring into two amazing grey eyes. I was too lost in his eyes that I didn't hear my wolf repeating a word constantly.

Mate.

When I heard that word I stared at him wide-eyed. "Mine" he whispered still holding me. His voice was the sexiest voice, that looked familiar. Thats when I recognized him. He is Alpha Ryan of Crystal lake pack. The same guy I saw that day before leaving.

He leaned closer and my breathe hitched. "You are mine, beautiful" he said in his deep sexy voice giving me shivers. But thats when I remembered what he said that day. I took a step back. Leaving his warmth.

"I am not yours!" I spat. He stared at me shocked. "You are my mate. Mine" he said coming closer. " I am not anyones. Not even yours. I don't think I am your 'type' also." I told him.

"Of course I want you. You are everything I wanted." He told sincerely. "But I am not beautiful according to you infact I am an ugly girl as you said" I sneered. "Wha.. You are not ugly. When did I say that?" He asked confused.

"You don't remember me" I asked and he shook his head. "Well I am Ariel Meltem, Conner's sister" I informed him. His mouth dropped. "Yes , I am the one who ran away that day. The one who you wanted to banish from pack." I told him . And before he can say anything. " I am the one to whom you called an ugly girl that day, who was not your type." I told him

Recognition dawned on him. "No.. No! I didn't mean that. I didn't even know you that time. Heck! I didn't meet you. I just told that in front of.." I cut him off. "You said that didn't you. When you didn't even see me how can you comment on me like that?" I asked getting angry.

He looked down. "I am sorry. I didn't mean that." He pleaded coming closer. I have to get away from here before I do something that I will regret. "I don't care! I am not your type" I told putting stress on type. "So don't worry. You are free to go. To date anyone you want. I don't have anything to do with you. " I spat and made my way.

Before I can reach far he held my hand. "Please I'm sorry" he said slowly. I pulled my hand from his grip. " I have enough of sorry already. I need time" I told him and went into my room.

Why does this happen to me. First Conner and now Ryan. Conner, being my own brother didn't trust me. He was the reason I left the pack. Felt all alone in this world.

Ryan.

My heart ached when I think of him. He is my mate. Who called me ugly, even if he didn't mean it but it hurt me. He was going to banish me from the pack.If he thought I wasn't his type then I will leave him. For him. The pain he caused me can't be ignored.

Tears fell from my eyes. I don't know if I will be able to forgive them.