Chapter 7

*Picture of Mady*

I entered Luke's office to find him sitting on his chair, Mathew beside him , Shawn (pack's omega and fighter) and Victor (Elder of the pack ) in front of him sitting on the chairs and Savannah and Blair on a couch.

"Come sit Ariel" luke said. I went and sat with Blair. "So I have called you all here to tell you something. I didn't tell you this earlier because I didn't know it was...." He said. "What is it Alpha Luke?" Victor asked. "You are scaring us!" Blair said.

"There has been rogues seen on our territory. Not only on ours but also some neighboring packs. Firstly I thought they are just passing rogues but soon there were more of them seen and oftenly they are coming and going from the packs." He said. "We will increase our border safety more and we can get rid of them. It is not a big issue" Shawn said.

"I thought the same but these rogues are planning something big, something bad I can sense it" he said. "How can you say that?" Mathew asked. "They just don't come and go from pack, they are making some plan. There is a reason why they come" he said. "What is that reason? How can you be sure?" I asked.

"Because my suspicion was proved right today. The shadow pack was attacked today" he said making all of us gasp. "Nothing is left there. The pack house is gone.Everyone died." He sighed. "Oh my God" we all said.

"Shadow pack's Alpha was a good friend of mine. He called me some days ago to tell about these rogues. He said they were showing up more and said me to be careful. Now after this I think they were keeping an eye on packs movement so that they could decide a proper attack." He finished.

"How sad. Nobody survived?" Blair asked. "I'm afraid not." Luke said. " A whole pack is gone! Unbelievable!" I said. Why would rouges get together in the first instance?

"It is starting" Savannah said for the first time. All our heads whipped in her direction. "That prophecy is going to take place soon. Evil has started to spread. This is the start of the end" she said getting up.

"How can you say that?" Luke asked. "Prophecy said evil will spread. It is clear here because rogues don't work under anyone or together so someone is a leader who is doing all this. I know this was going to happen but didn't expect so soon" she said.

"So what are we supposed to do now?" Luke asked. "Increase security , kill rouges and tell this to all the packs. Inform them about the situation and tell them to call us if something wrong." she said "We have to search for other spirits fast. You should start preparing." She said looking at Blair and me. We all nodded. She went away then.

"Shawn , Mathew you heard her go increase the security. I'll call packs. Everyone can go" Luke said. Everyone left. I kept my hand on his shoulder, he looked towards me.

"I think this is my fault if I had payed attention to these rogues maybe I would have guessed their plan" he said. I shaked my head "You could do nothing in this. This was supposed to happen. Don't blame yourself." I said.

"Ok. I won't " he sighed. "Promise?" I asked. "Promise" he agreed. "Pinky promise?" I asked holding out my pinky to him. He laughed. "Pinky promise" he put his pinky with me.

"You know today I was going to ask you to go out but now this..." He said. He sighed. "I bought you a dress for it also" he said. "Really show me!" I said excited. He gave me a bag. I took the dress out.

This dress was beautiful. It was simple white sleeveless dress that goes till knee. "Wow I love this dress" I said in awe. "Thank god!" He said relieved. "If  you want we can catch a quick dinner" I suggested.

"Okay" he said looking happy. " Are you saying ok for me or to eat?" He teased. "You caught me" I faked. We laughed and I went to get dressed.

We got ready and headed towards the car, but before we got inside I stopped him. "Luke. I wanted to tell you something." I started. He nodded asking me to continue. "Last time you asked me if I liked you or not. Do you still like me?" I asked. "Yes El I like you alot and its never going to change." He smiled.

"I like you too luke" I said. He looked suprised and then he smiled. "I'm so happy to finally hear you say this" he said." So will you be my girlfriend?" Luke asked. "Yes" I blushed. And we kissed.

I liked him. There is no doubt about this. Luke was always there for me and he cared. I had a tiny crush on him from start and I was so happy when he said he liked me. But somewhere I know he is not my mate, I will find him someday and I don't want him to think I betrayed him. Also I can't deny my feelings for Luke. So for now I will do what makes me happy. Though I will never take this relationship further. I don't want to have complications ahead.