Chapter 17

*Picture of Luke and Ariel*

As I finished hogging Veronica walked in. Fake smiling at me she came and stood beside me.

"Long time no see Ariel" she said in fake happy tone. Sighing I turned towards her. "What do you want?" I asked her. "Ahh nothing. Just wanted to meet the person who almost killed me and ran away from the pack like a coward she is" she sneered. I glared at her. "What the hell? Where do you get all this bullshit from?" I asked getting angry.

"Omg! Look who growed a spine. Back talking now are we?" She asked. " I am not that scared Ariel who kept quiet anymore. So watch what you talk or you will pay for it" I spat.

She faked scared " I'm scared". " I am not afraid of you bitch! You will pay for what you did. " she hissed coming closer. "You are still that pathetic Ariel who wants everyone's attention. Just because these people accepted you doesn't mean you are good. You are the same loser and you will always be" she shouted.

"What is happening here?" Mathew said coming in followed my Sheila. "This f*king bitch is trying to scare me. You will pay for it!" She spat. "Thats it" I shouted and lunged towards her.

But before I could reach her Mathew held me. "Leave me! I will not let her go this time" I said glaring at her. While Sheila calmed Veronica down. I kept thrashing in his arms. "I have heard enough. I suffered because of her. Leave me now!" I asked Mathew.

"No El calm down. You can't kill her. Control yourself. You are better than this. Don't let your power take control of yourself. We will teach her lesson later now come Luke is calling you" he whispered calming me down.

I took deep breaths trying to calm myself. "Ok lets go" and went up without looking back.

Going inside Luke's room I saw him near his closet. "Hey. You called me?" I asked siting on the bed. He smiled at me before coming and siting down next to me. "I wanted to ask you something" he told. I nodded.

"I know you are not comfortable living with your old pack and I'm sorry I couldn't do anything about it. Its my duty to help them but after what they did to you.. " he said getting frustrated.

I took his hand in mine "Hey. Don't blame yourself. Its ok . If I were you I would have done the same thing. Please don't carry any guilt about it" I assured.

He smiled thanking me. "So do you want to go out for dinner today. I'm free so if you want we can go. It will take your mind off these things" he suggested.

Shit. I didn't get time to tell Luke about my decision earlier. That I want to end things and just be friends. I didn't even say him about Ryan. What should I do now? Just say no Ariel!  " I. Uh. Sure" I replied. Damn it!

Why didn't I deny? His eyes lit up. "Ok be ready" he said kissing my cheeks.I smiled. Today I will tell him everything at dinner. I know he will be hurt but its the best for us both. I have to do it not for me but for his future mate atleast. With that I left the room, closing the door behind me and walked up the stairs.

And came face to face with Ryan. My breathe got stuck. Being so close to him made me lose my mind. "What were you doing in his room?" he accused. My mouth dropped open.

"What do you mean exactly by this?" I asked narrowing my eyes. "From the day I came here you seem close to him. What is he to you?" He asked. "Its none of your business " I hissed and walked up the stairs.

"It is my goddamn business" he shouted following me. "No , its not. You are no one to ask me that" I shouted right back turning around.

" I'm your mate for god's sake. I know I was not a good one but I am trying here. Tell me who is he to you?" he told. "Fine! He is my boyfriend. I am dating him. Hap.." I got cut off when he pushed me against the wall.