Akainu #1 (One Piece)

You clasped her sweaty palms together as your face paled. You knew that you didn't have very good luck, but you had never thought that it was very bad either. Until now that is. You couldn't believe the great timing your captain had decided to go on a family vacation. What timing you ask?

The time when the marine admiral decides to pay a surprise visit to your base.

And to make things worse, you were the vice-captain.

You saluted the admiral as he entered your office. You studied the man. Short red hair with chiseled features. Not too bad looking for a marine admiral, but then again, this admiral was young. You had heard stories about how a youth climbed up the marine ranks in an instance using his sheer devil fruit power, but you had never expected a young, good-looking powerhouse. Sure, you had seen him on newspapers, but meeting the man in person, your impressions of him were starting to change.

He returned your salute. You could feel his eyes surveying you, scanning you from head to toe.

"You are?" You jumped slightly at the sudden husky voice.

"Y-Yes! Vice-captain of G-9 (Name) (Surname), sir!"

"Where's your captain?" You started to panic. From his behavior and past records, you had deduced that the man was a very serious guy. You racked your head to find the best answer. You just hoped it wouldn't kill your captain.

"He is on leave, sir."

"Oh?" Akainu's eyes narrowed. "When it is such a busy time of the year?"

"Yes sir! Something happened at home!" You averted his gaze for a second, trying hard to not make it sound as if your captain had ditched work for some recreational time.

The room went silent for a moment before the admiral dismissed his subordinates, telling them to wait outside the room. The second the door shut, the man sat down on the couch, and he motioned for you to do the same.

"(Name) (Surname)."

You jumped again. "Yes!"

"I'll get right to the point. I'm here for two reasons. One, this is my hometown. Two, I'm here to meet the 3rd daughter of the (Surname) family, also known as, you."

"Me, sir?" You pointed to yourself questioningly.

He nodded.

"From today onwards, you are to move to the Marine Headquarters and be my personal secretary."

You blinked, not quite processing what he had just said for a while.

"EH?"

---

You stifled a chuckle as you messaged the shoulders of your husband. It had probably been around five years since then, although a year since your marriage. The red-haired male was still sitting comfortably in his admiral seat.

"What are you laughing at?" Your husband asked, putting his hands gently onto yours and squeezing them.

"Nothing much." You smiled. "Just remembering how we met."

Akainu stood up and held you by your shoulders, facing you. He started to lean down, but you placed a finger on his lips.

"This is your office. We're still at work."

He pulled your hand away.

"They can try reporting a marine admiral if they want to."

And your lips connected.