Shanks #1 (One Piece)

"Don't think you're on the same level as us!"

The purple-haired girl pushed me to the ground. I could feel my knee and elbow sting as I glared back up at the snot brat.

"Look at that disgustingly dull colour and compare it to our beautiful locks!" The blonde beside the purple-head flipped her hair with her left hand and rested her other on her waist.

"Why did the Akagami family even adopt this lowlife?" The last girl with blue hair sighed.

That's right, in Azayaka Island, where you see rainbows of hair everywhere, my mane was black. I was different. An outcast. The cursed child. Well, those were some of the names they gave me. Despite all the whispering when I went about town and the disapproving looks I got from passers-by, I loved my hair. It was a beautiful black, wavy at first before spreading into dark curls. It was a gift from my mom, who was not from this island. My wimp of a dad was, with his green lawn on what he called his head. The head was where the brain was, so I refused to believe that he had one. Since I was of Azayaka-borne, I was expected to have luscious green locks, but too bad for them. When I was five, my parents were shot by some corrupted marines, and ever since then, I had been with the kindest family of Azayaka -- the Akagamis. This family was one of the most high-ranking families of the island, and they had two sons. One was the arrogant user of the lava devil fruit, and the younger was...

"Instead of picking on others, why not take a look at yourselves in the mirror first?" Speak of the devil. It was the feisty younger one, Akagami Shanks, and he was standing in a tree.

"But Shanks-sama, someone of your status should not associate with someone such as her!" The purple-head whined, in an attempt to 'persuade' the red-haired teenager.

"No can do Murasakigami." Shanks leapt down from his spot on the tree branch and landed perfectly on the forest ground. As expected of the one always disappearing into the forest all day, every day.

The blonde sashayed towards him, twirling her golden hair with her finger. "Shanks-sama, is it not about time you sent the girl away already? I'm sure you got tired of her long ago." I glared at the woman. If looks could kill, she'd be dead by now. Even if it couldn't, I would have done it should I not have had the self-discipline to contain myself. It worked for me either way. I burned within and shot lasers at her when she inched closer and closer to him, until she was close enough to press herself against Shanks. My Shanks.

That's right. I love Shanks. Problem?

He's not my real brother or anything. We're not related by blood. So, it's alright... right?

Shanks laughed heartily and strolled to my side, leaving the blonde pouting by herself. Man, was my heart beating. Shanks just chose me over blondie! I was secretly cheering. Sorry blondie, but no Shanks for you.

"This one's not going anywhere." Shanks slung his arm over my shoulder, adding fuel to my cardio-engine. "After all, I like her."

Awwww Shanks that was so sweet. I don't think your fangirls will be faltered by that though. They're called fangirls for a reason right? Good try though... Wait WHAT. DID HE JUST! HE DID NOT JUST... CONFESS?! I stared at him wide-eyed and he glanced back, giving me his signature smile. Nope. Nope. Nope. This is not possible. Nope. It's just my imagination. And that was what I concluded. Or so I thought.