Portgas D Ace #1 (One Piece)

A lone man was sitting by himself in a restaurant, slurping at his spaghetti, when he overheard a conversation.

"Are you going?"

"You mean the party organized by the (Surname) family? Of course!"

"Normally you wouldn't even get a chance to go into that mansion!"

"Well it is the daughter's birthday."

The man took his orange hat and placed it over his head with one hand. Looks like there'll be a feast tonight. He grinned. Leaving his empty plate on the counter, he grabbed his small black bag and dashed out of the restaurant, without paying the bill.

---

(Name) sighed. It was finally time. Most girls her age would be squealing and jumping in joy should their birthday be celebrated with a party as grand as hers was, but she didn't wish for it. She didn't like interacting with people; it just meant that she had to put on a facade again.

Pushing open the majestic doors, (Name) entered the ballroom to see many of the villagers already gathered, chatting and eating. Many eyes spun in her direction and went up to her to greet her a "happy birthday". (Name) immediately switched to her 'friendly-with-some-nobility' mode, smiling and thanking them.

---

After what seemed like a decade, (Name) was finally left to herself. Finally! She cheered silently. Then, she caught sight of a half-naked man from the corner of her eye. He had a orange hat on, with a gigantic purple tattoo on his broad back, and was holding a massive plate of food. He was earning looks from many of the villagers as well. What kind of guy goes to a party half-naked? (Name) didn't know whether to laugh or feel offended. Wait a second... (Name) frowned. I've never seen him around before... Feeling curious, she followed the man to the balcony.

"Hey you."

The man turned around and responded with a mouth full of meat. "The name's Ace. What about you?"

"(Name). You're not from this village are you? Everyone here should know my name." (Name) walked towards him, and stood beside him.

"I only invited people of this village. Outsiders are not welcomed." She folded her arms.

"Don't be so stingy~ A party's for everybody to enjoy ain't it?" Ace continued talking while biting onto what seemed like his fifth drumstick.

(Name) felt that this was her first time speaking with someone normally. She wasn't putting on any fronts, or wearing any masks. She was just herself. Moreover, Ace didn't mind her attitude at all. No "is that how an ojou-sama should act" or "what a disgrace to the (Surname) family". He was seeing (Name) as herself, not as a daughter of the prestigious (Surname) family, and she was grateful for that. 

After chatting for a while, Ace had finished his huge plate of grub and they were running out of things to talk about. Putting his hands at his sides, Ace gave (Name) a ninety degrees bow, and jumped down the balcony after a word of gratitude for the meal. (Name) leaned forward against the balcony railing and rested her head on her right hand, her mind drifting away, thinking about the mysterious dark-haired man.

---

(Name) woke up the next day in a much happier mood than usual. She still had not forgotten the man from the night before. I hope I get to see him again. She thought as she pushed opened the windows, letting the fresh morning air and sunlight enter her room.

And there he was, sitting casually on a tree branch like it was his daily routine. He looks so cool. (Name)'s heart skipped a beat as Ace stood on his branch and leaped into the room.

"Yo! You seemed lonely yesterday so I came to accompany you. It's for feeding this outsider." Ace beamed at you and sat down cross-legged on her carpeted floor.

A wave of pink flushed onto your face for a second, but you regained your usual composure again after that split second. Smiling, you opened the room door and asked, "But first... Want some breakfast?"

---

Ace continued visiting (Name) everyday, and gradually, (Name) grew to love him. However, Ace told her one day that he was leaving. His captain, Whitebeard, wanted him back so he had to go that day. Mustering up her courage, (Name) decided that it was her last chance to tell him. Knowing his character, she was sure he would reject her, but it was worth a shot.

"Ace." She looked into his eyes, and he stared down back, wondering why she suddenly sounded so serious.

"I-I love you..." By the time the three words left her mouth, (Name)'s whole face was as red as a tomato, and she looked downwards, expecting the worse to come.

Out of nowhere, (Name) was pulled into an embrace, and she could feel Ace's warmth radiating to her. Looking up at Ace's face, she smiled and put her hands around his neck.

"Looks like I'll have to extend my stay." Ace's voiced melted (Name)'s heart.

Wrapping his arms around (Name)'s waist, Ace tilted his head and bent down, gently kissing (Name) on the lips.

---

[Extended]

On a pirate ship that was who knows where, the captain received a call on his Transponder Snail.

"Hello?"

"Ah hi Pops."

"Ace! I hope you've received my word."

"About that, I think I won't be able to look for Blackbeard so send someone else to do it."

"But he was your subordinate..."

"Yeah but I found something more important." 

"Hey Ace! Who're you talking to?" Whitebeard could hear the faint voice of a woman with Ace and he smiled. The brat's finally grown up.