Kageyama Tobio #1 (Haikyuu!!)

You had been the manager of the Karasuno Volleyball Club for about a month now, and you felt that you were pretty useless. Most of the things were being done by Shimizu-senpai, and the events and practice matches were organised by her and Takeda-sensei. Being a 1st year, you thought that it would be out of place for you to butt in, so you let them do everything. Because of that, you felt like an extra baggage to the team. Shimizu-senpai did everything, and even encouraged the members when they needed it. You? Well, nothing much. You started having second thoughts about remaining in the club. After all, you only joined because your childhood friend insisted on you becoming the manager, and you being the one with a crush on Tobio, could not resist his request.

You watched the guys practise and sighed. Is it really okay for me to remain there? Maybe I should go to the Basketball club or something...

You were called by Shimizu-senpai to help with the water bottles and you filled them up before passing the bottles to the boys during break time. "Thanks Shimizu-senpai" "Kiyoko-san you look beautiful as always!" You stood behind the boys and looked to the ground, your hair covering your eyes. I feel so inferior. Without anyone noticing, you walked out of the gym towards the vending machine.

—-

You sat down beside the vending machine and hugged your legs, burying your head in your legs as you clutched your empty chocolate milk packet. Yeah, maybe I should quit...

"(Name)."

You waved your childhood friend away. "You should g practise."

"What happened? Did someone hurt you?"

"Nah, I'm fine." You looked up and forced your widest smile, but you underestimated him. 

"I've been with you since we were five. I can at least tell when you're putting up a front." Tobio sat down beside you.

After a little hesitation, you finally decided to just tell him. "I... I'm thinking of quitting the volleyball club."

Tobio's eyes widened as he stared at you in disbelief. "Why? I thought you loved volleyball! That's why I-"

"Yeah, I loved seeing you play. I joined because you asked me to, but now I feel so useless, like I'm just a burden to the club, like there's nothing I can do to help." You felt your heart tighten and you bit your bottom lip. "I'll never be as good as Shimizu-senpai."

Suddenly, you felt yourself being pulled into an embrace, and strong arms held you close to a comfortingly warm body.

"Why do you have to be like her? You don't have to become like Shimizu-senpai, or like Takeda-sensei, or like anybody else. You are who you are. Your existence, you being there is helpful enough, at least to me. You should just be yourself, since..." Tobio pulled away and before you knew it, his lips touched yours. "... you're the one I'm in love with."

Both of you sat blushing and looking and avoiding eye contact, when you heard the swooning of the club members. "Way to go, Kageyama!" "Good job, Kageyama!" "Die, Kageyama!" 

"Who said that!" Tobio shouted jokingly at the group and they fled, but not before Tanaka-senpai and Noya-senpai re-enacted the confession scene, making Tobio blush furiously and want to use the duo for serve practice shots.

"W-we should get back to practice." You stuttered, standing up and brushing dirt off your behind.

"Yeah." Tobio was about to push himself up, when you leaned down over him and planted a kiss on his forehead, before whispering a "thank you".

Both of you strolled back to the gym, fingers intertwined.