Sohma Kyo #1 (Fruits Basket)

The last person (Name) expected to see on the bus that day was Kyo. She had always taken the bus around the same time, but she had hardly seen him boarding the same bus. What's more, the only seat available was next to her. She shifted in a little as her crush plopped down beside her, placing his bag on his lap and hugging it. 

"Sup" His voice squeezed (Name)'s heart.

"Sup" She smiled at her friend.

(Name) was the only outsider in the school who knew about the Sohma family's secret, apart from Tohru, and she was proud of that. It made her feel special, and helped her understand why they avoided the girls so much. When hugged by a person of the opposite gender, the members of the Sohma family turn into zodiac animals. (Name) found out about it by accident, when she was on the roof and tripped, landing on top of a certain orange-haired boy. Fortunately, no one else was around when he transformed into the orange furball. Kyo was a little special. Instead of zodiac animals, he became a cat, and (Name) loved how adorable he was, in and out of cat form. After Kyo's secret was revealed, he only lingered around the two girls, avoiding everyone else even though they would chase him to the ends of the Earth. Let's just say the Sohma household has good genes. However, Tohru and Yuki started dating, so it was just (Name) and Kyo left.

"When'd you ever start going this direction?"

"I just felt like taking a different route today."

"Oh I see"

Then there was silence between the two. Usually there was so much random things to talk about, but today, they had no idea which topic to bring up.

After a while, (Name) stifled a yawn, and soon she was nodding off...

---

Kyo felt something heavy bumping into his shoulder, and he turned to see (Name) sound asleep, resting her head on his shoulders. A tinge of pink appeared on his cheeks as he took in the smell of her new shampoo. It's different from usual... He plucked his earphones in and started playing music.

Gradually, the people around them started alighting one by one, so as they neared the last stop, it was just the two of them left. Kyo took this opportunity to snap a selfie of the two of them, with (Name) asleep and hugging her school bag.

Finally, the bus came to a halt, jerking (Name) awake. She felt a little dazed, but felt that it was a good nap. Suddenly, it dawned on her what her pillow had been, and red dusted her cheeks. "I-Um, thanks for letting me sleep on your shoulder!"

"It's not for free."

"Oh, um how can I repay you?"

"Like this."

Out of the blue, warm lips crashed into hers and she gasped, red gushing up her face. But her joy was short-lived when the lips pulled away.

"Thanks for your patronage! Would love to do business with you again." Kyo smirked.

The two of them alighted the bus and just stood at the bus stop.

"What do you mean by 'would love to do business with you again'?" (Name) teased, causing Kyo to blush a little.

"Shut up."

"Hey answer meeeee~ Hello~" (Name) waved her hands in front of him.

A little annoyed, Kyo wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her towards him, planting another unexpected kiss.

"I said shut up." He muttered, leaving a dumbfounded (Name) standing there.

"Aren't you gonna go home?" Kyo grabbed (Name)'s hands and dragged her along.