Chapter Twenty-Four {The End}

Start from the beginning

I heard the locks on the door lock and the speakerphone went dead.

“I’ll call 911, just hang on.” Hayden pulled out his phone and stared at it.

“Call them already.” I was panicking.

“There’s no signal…” he said in a low voice. “He must have something on him that blocks the device.”

“Oh god.” My heart was pumping so loud, my body was shaking. And Tony’s driving didn’t help much. He was going left and right with every turn.  Hayden and I tried to open the doors, but Tony must have the parental key on.

“Listen to me.” Hayden turns my to face him, his face was serious; which didn’t really fit him “as soon as he open’s that door, I’m going to push him and you will run, got it! I don’t care where you go, you just keep running until you find a phone.” I just shook my head at every word he said.

“I’m not leaving you, I won’t do it.”

Hayden cupped my face in his warm hands, and gave me a small smile. “It’s going to be fine, just do this for me. I need to know that you’ll be safe.”

“Hayden I won’t run away. Think about Chris, he can’t lose his dad.” I knew I got to him with that.  His face went blank after a moment of thinking he came up with another idea.

“Search the car.” Hayden jumped to the other side of the seats and started looking in the tiny locker that was there.

“For what?” I asked but I moved to the drawer below the TV.

“I think Sam had a gun stashed here, or a knife.” I stared opening the three drawers that where in here, but couldn’t find anything.

“Found something.” I turned to Hayden and watched as he lifted a small dagger in front of him.

“What are you going to do with it?” I asked quietly, afraid Tony might hear us.

“I’m going to end this. Once and for all.”

                                                          ******************

The car finally stopped after what seemed like hours of driving around. I heard the front door open and close.

“Remember what I told you, stay behind me at all times.” Hayden whispered as he gave me a quick peck on the cheek.

The latch on one side unlocked and the door opened. Tony had his gun already pointed at us.

“Come on, get out.” He waved us forward.

Hayden was the first to exit and then I slid out after him. I quickly stood behind him and looked at Tony. He had on a black shirt and dark jeans; a five o’clock shadow was beginning to cover his face.

“Hiding behind the boyfriend I see.” He smirked. I noticed how his hand was unwavering from Hayden’s chest.

“What do you want from her? Money? What just tell us and we’ll give it to you.” Hayden’s voice was cool, yet I could feel his body vibrating against me.

“Do you really think this is about the bloody money!” Tony’s eyes grew darker and he took a step towards us. Hayden stood rooted in his place. I knew he wanted to get Tony closer so he could attack him. “I don’ care about that any more. All I want is for her to die.”

“Why?” I whispered.

He glanced at me and tilted his head to the side as if my question confused him. “Because you are a reminder of what I never had.” Tony stepped closer again, so now only about a foot stood between him and us.