Chapter Six

“Miss. Overstreet, you have a phone call on line two,” Luna said.

“Thank you Luna,” I pressed two and raised the phone to my ear.

“Hello,” I greeted, I was really in a good mood today. Well maybe it’s the fact that my headache is gone and that I had a date with a very hot doctor tonight.

“Hey Sara, it’s Hayden. I’m gonna be a few minutes late to the meeting today, I need to drop Chris at my parent’s house,”

“No problem, I’ll just review the settlement with her while you get here,” I said, as I checked my watch. It was three and the meeting started in half an hour. Hopefully everything will go as planned and his Ex wills signoff full custody to Hayden.

“Miss, tory Merry is here to see you with her lawyer.  There are waiting for you in conference room B,” Luna said through the speaker.

Great show time.

 I made sure that my white shirt was neatly tucked into my knee high, black skirt before leaving my office.

I walked to the conference room and took a deep breath before opening the door. I immediately noticed Tory, I mean who couldn’t. The women had the brightest blond hair I have ever seen, her blue eyes racked over my appearance as if she was sizing me up. You could tell that she came from money from her channel dress and jimmy Choo heels.

Hayden really knew how to pick them.

“Hello, I’m Sara Overstreet. Mr. Bell’s attorney,” I shook first her lawyer’s hand, the one and only Patrice Morgan, and then Tory’s hand. I took the seat across from theirs and took out my documents.

“So where is my dear husband?” she asked raising an argent brow at me.

“He’s dropping his son off at his parent’s house, he will be here shortly,” I informed her, plastering a fake smile on my face.

“So here are my client’s demands from her husband,” Patrice handed me a file. I opened it and my jaw dropped, who the hell does she think he is, Donald trump?

“What you’re asking is too much, here have a look at what we have to offer,” I handed them Hayden’s proposal and waited while they went over it.

I heard a knock on the door and then Hayden appeared at the door, wearing a grey suit that outlined his broad shoulders and narrow hips. He looked hot like always, but when I saw his eyes they were filled with disgust.

“Hayden, you finally graced us with your presents,” Tory commented.

“Whatever Tory, can you get this thing over with,” he took the seat next to mine and gave me a small smile as he glanced at me.

“Well the thing is this settlement is all wrong,” she said taking the paper from her lawyer and sliding it back to us.

“what doyou mean it’s wrong?” Hayden asked. I could feel the angry building up in him.

“Well the alimony is to low and I only get one estate. That’s not acceptable at all,” wow I really wanted to hit her.

“I think the alimony is fine, and I gave you the house in the Hampton,” he growled out.

“I want the house in Napa too,”

“Fine, take the damn thing,” I wrote down that note on the paper.

“And I want joined custody of Chris,” she said with an evil smile on her face.

“No way, over my dead body,” I felt that at any moment he was going to jump at her, so I placed a hand on his to calm him down. “Chris stays with me and that’s final,” he said with a calmer tone.

“He’s my son too. I deserve to raise him up,”

“You don’t even care about him. Come on Tory, you and I both know that,” he said.

“Fine, you can have full custody, but I want a raise in my alimony,” Oh my God, this woman is crazy, she’s giving up her own son for more money.

“Deal,” I looked at Hayden as he wrote down his price on a piece of paper. He handed it over to the she-devil and she nodded her agreement.

“We’ll see you tomorrow, at three,” she said as they got up and left.

It was quite in the conference room and I looked at Hayden and you could tell that he was in a bad mood.

“You know your wife is a B**ch,” I commented and he burst out laughing.

“Yeah I know,” he looked at me with a smile “how about I buy you a cup of coffee?”

“That sounds great,” we got up and walked to the Starbucks that was across the street from our building.

We ordered our drinks and headed over to one of the tables near the window.

“Thanks Sara, for everything,” he said as he took a sip from his coffee.

“No problem, it was my pleasure,”  

“So how’s everything?” he asked.

“It’s good, you?” I kept glancing at his lips for some unknown reason.

“You know for the first time in years I finally feel happy,” he gave his head a little shake, like he couldn’t believe it.

“Well enjoy it,”

“How about we go out tomorrow night to celebrate my freedom?”  He wiggled his eyebrows at me.

“I-I’m not sure if that’s such a good idea,” I said, because really nothing good can come out of it.

“Why not?” he asked as he arched a brow at me.

“Because you’re my client and that would be wrong,” I kept repeating that in my head.

“Well I did say tomorrow night, which means I’m no longer your client. And besides what’s wrong with two friends going out to celebrate?” Friends… great Sara you keep jumping to the wrong conclusion every time.

Hayden Bell will never be interested in you, never…

“Okay, it sounds like fun,” I agreed, putting a smile on my face. Even though it was eight years later, it still breaks my heart that I kept getting stuck in that stupid friend zone. Because the truth is those feelings I had for him, will always be there.