Crushes, Encounters, and Games

Mulai dari awal

"You know about the Akatsuki, don't you?" Kakashi-sensei asked. "Tell me..."

So they know about the Akatsuki, too, huh? This day just gets better and better...

Kankuro's POV

I sat up on my bed, feeling weaker than I ever had before. Whatever the medical ninja from Konoha had done to me had helped a lot, although I was still suffering from the effects of poison that lingered in my system.

My gaze drifted over to Minxie, who was sitting on a chair, tapping her fingertips against her right knee absentmindedly. She had always been pretty, but now... Now, she was gorgeous. Completely beautiful. I was starting to understand why Gaara was so drawn to her in the first place. I wondered what he'd do if he could see her now...

I winced at the thought. Gaara couldn't see her, not where he was now. And that was my fault. I should have fought harder. Sasori was an S-ranked ninja, sure, but I could've done something more. I was supposed to protect my little brother, but instead, I'd let him slip through my fingers. I let that blonde guy and Sasori carry him away.

And now, here I was, safe in the hospital, while Gaara was still out there. Minxie had put her all into keep my mind off the pain while her friends worked to cure me, but now, I wanted to tell her it was a wasted effort. I didn't deserve it. She should've devoted her time and energy to looking for Gaara, not to saving me. I didn't want to be saved, not when my little brother was still out there.

"Ah! So you're finally awake, huh?" A cheerful voice said, and I looked up to see the most beautiful girl I had ever seen in my entire life. 

She had blue hair, fair skin, and bright cerulean blue eyes. I recognized her as one of Minxie's friends from the Chunin Exams. Had she been the one who had healed me? Had a goddess like her healed me, and I didn't even know it?

"I brought you your antidote," she said, holding up a small cup, "You gave everyone quite a scare, you know?"

"Yeah... Sorry about that..." I muttered, scratching the back of my head.

She smiled. "Don't worry about it. All that matters now is that you're getting better," She said easily. "Now, drink it all... I'm Kimi, by the way." She lifted the cup up and placed it to my mouth.

Kimi... Even her name was beautiful.

I nodded, drinking the antidote solely because it was her giving it to me. The liquid was bitter as it ran down my throat. I'd never been one for medicines, but if drinking it was what it took to get better... I'd do it. The sooner I'd got better, the sooner I'd be able to get out of here and look for Gaara.

"And... There," Kimi said, placing the cup back down onto the table. "That should do it. Just stay still until the numbness goes away, okay? All I want you to do is lie down and take it easy."

"All right! Let's move out!" Naruto announced, putting his bag on his back.