Insomnia

Third Person P. O. V.

   Gerard just lied there, staring at the wall with his thoughts completely silent, which in reality, was a rare occurrence for him. He's never been able to sleep ever since the nightmare. Because of these terrifying terrors, he hasn't been able to sleep correctly in two months. Maybe 2 hours in between tossing and turning but he could never remain content when sleeping. His boyfriend, Frank, Lie peacefully in slumber next to him, his chest rising with soft, ever so light snores. Gerard absolutely adored his boyfriend, he would take a bullet for him any day. His mouth curled into a smile as he gazed upon the sleeping man, but as Gerard continued looking at him, Frank began to stir. He opened his eyes and inhaled deeply, tiredly rubbing them and blinking multiple times, looking up in the dimly red lit room to be met with a recognizeable pair staring into his own.

"Gerard?" He questioned, sitting up slightly and he hummed quietly in response. Franks voice was rough, sleep wanted to pull him back in, but Gerard looked like he wasn't sleeping anytime soon. He was tired, but It made him concerned.

"Baby? Why are you up so late? Its like... Four in the morning." Frank turned to look at the clock that faced them on the headboard. He reached over to the left of them, and turned the light on that was on the bedside table. Once it illuminated the room,  Frank couldn't help but inhale sharply and sit up in the bed.

        Gerard was very pale, his face seemed sharp and aware but still looked like he were ready to clock out at any second. His eyes were dull and looked as if he were struggling to keep them open. He had dark bags under his eyes and his lips were chapped immensely, his hair stood up in all directions and his face had dry tear stains running down his cheeks.

"Couldn't sleep." His voice shook as he spoke, shrugging while trying to look away from Frank's confused gaze. Gerard usually packs on makeup to cover up his paleness and bags, so now that he was exposed he felt... A little ashamed to say the least. He had no idea why but deep down...  maybe he did, maybe the thought of Frankie worrying about him made him shameful. He was nervously fidgeting with his fingers when he heard Frank's hitched breath.

"Why are you doing this to yourself? Why didn't you tell me you were feeling like this? Maybe I could've helped you. " Frank choked and Gerard shook his head fast, not wanting him to feel any amount of guilt.

"No, no, please its nothing. Go back to sleep Frankie, I promise, I'm okay." He tried his best to reassure him but Franks bottom lip started to wobble and Gerard was absolutely horrified as Frank started to sob. His heart immediately leaped in his throat, Frank normally doesn't cry at the smallest things, or at least in Gerards perspective, this was a small thing.

"Frankie, honey, please no. I swear I'm fine. Don't cry, please?" Gerard hurriedly sat up and began wiping the tears from his face, He cradled Franks face with his hands, trying to convince him.

"Tell me why you haven't been sleeping. Is it me? Do you worry about me? Cause I'm damn sure you don't need to. And if its not than tell me whats up because if you're hurting, it means that I am too. " Frank was now straddling Gerard as he got his full undivided attention.

"Fine." Gerard said, sighing deeply, he knew the waterworks were coming along if he talked about it, but he rarely kept things from his boyfriend so he started by taking  long deep breath. He lost eye contact though and anxiety filled his stomach.

"No, baby, look at me. Tell me what's going on. " His hands were firm, but comforting. He held onto Franks waist hesitantly and stuttered out the words on the tip of tongue.

"I-I'm terrified of sleeping. I can't anymore without being so afraid. I have these over the top irrational fears that take over my subconscious and I always have terrible terrors every time I get close to actually sleeping but mostly, Im tired of having this reoccuring nightmare that made me want to  stop sleeping all together. It was about you . . . but you . . . were dead . . . and there was these people all around me screaming telling me that it was all my fault and I don't deserve happiness. And I saw people that I love dying and they are not just tremors they're. . .  they're these . . . these terrors. . .   and I can't seen to function and I-I just. . . god, sometimes I'm so fucking scared." Gerard let out a sob of his own and Frank hugged him tighter than he ever has before in that moment. Gee felt his t-shirt begin to wet and he realized that Frank too, was crying. Frankie kissed all over his face, on his cheeks, on his nose, his chin, and forehead, while clutching Gerard's hair softly. He kissed his lips firmly, moving them sensually against his, trying his very best to show that he was here, and that nothing could hurt him in this moment. Gerard must've understood because his body slumped against his, and he sighed as his mind quieted. Frank made his movements more forceful and Gerard pulled his hands up to cup Franks face gently. He breathed harshly as the kiss became intense. Frank pulled away too soon and lied his forehead against his, grabbing both Gerards hands, putting it up to his lips kissing them both.

    Gerard was somewhat surprised to say the least, he hadn't expected Frank to be so committed to this. He felt like he genuinely cared for him, something he sincerely was not used to at all. Frank brought their lips back together and moved them with such ease, that his anxiety practically evaporated and all he wanted was to be with him.

"I'll never let anyone hurt you, I promise. I'll keep you safe at all times, that, I can 100% guarantee. But what I can't, is the ceasement of these dreaded nightmares. I will help you the best I can okay? You'll never have to be alone in those moments ever again." Frank ran two fingers down Gerards jaw in admiration and Gerard nodded slowly in response, completely swooned over the man in front of him.

____________
Thats a better ending.