West Coast

Short and Sweet

   I woke to loud music blaring through the halls, I remember telling Gerard that I had desperately wanted to sleep after these tiring concerts. But surprisingly, my irritation swept over me once I heard his voice vocalizing throughout the house. When I heard what was playing, I realized why he was blasting it in the first place. 

The Beach by The Neighborhood.

"I'm sick, and tired too! I can admit I am not fireproof, I feel it burning! I feel it burning you! I hope I don't murder me! I hope I don't burden you!" He sang with absolute grace while jumping around on the couch, dancing, swaying his hips as the beat became incredibly boosted. He fell sideways which resulted in me fucking losing it in front of him.

His cheeks were a violent red when he looked towards me, his black hair unkempt, but it made him look good with the eyeliner and the shadow, made him tired and emo but  . . . He looked good.

"Please tell me you didn't hear all of that." He spoke with such a hushed voice, it almost made me feel bad for laughing at him. His arms were now wrapped around his waist in a protective manner. 

"You were amazing, baby! Don't feel bad! You're the lead singer of a damn band for christ sake." I said over the music and walked over to him slowly, my movements lazy, sleep still lingering in my mind. He smiled brightly and sighed while biting his lip.

"Yeah . . . " He was quiet and I laughed at the realization on his face. His smile got even bigger if that were possible.

"Come here." He held his arms out to me. I grabbed his waist as he pulled me towards his face with both hands, cupping it directly. Our breath gentle as our lips met, I wanted to make this incredible feeling last forever, but when a certain song started blasting through the speakers, he pulled away and squealed like a teenage girl.

"This is my favorite fucking song! What a coincidence." He yelled, turning up the speakers so that they were boosting it to the point where the entire house started to shake.

"You only ever listen to The Neighborhood! What's this even called?!" I yelled and he smiled pulling me up onto the couch to dance with him.

"It's number one party anthem! By Arctic Monkeys!" His voice raised over the music, making me laugh. He snaked his arms around my neck and lied his head on my shoulder, allowing me to wrap my own arms around his waist, rocking back and forth, swaying to the sound of the music. It wasn't dancing really but, it was good enough for me.

____

Next Oneshot is incredibly triggering.