(❁)

Prologue

Wherever she goes, everything is lifeless, hueless, boring and-- no, she never goes into such detail.

Not too long ago she noticed that she doesn't see her world in any color except black and white, the most pure and most beautiful ones in her eyes; so different yet so perfect when together.

She doesn't rank among emotional people; as much as she would like to express her deepest feelings, she has never been the sort of person to overcome the fear of judgement of others.

She always repeats that almost her entire being belongs exclusively to rationality, something that she admired and strived for because of her lack of emotions. All this logic, the science, the equations; they all make so much more sense than everything else.

Can ones being and existence be expressed in an equation?

Can we calculate when we are going to fade away?

What is the matrix?

So many questions are racing through her mind every day, replacing this small thought of worry that was hiding in the farthest corner of it all the time.

Fear doesn't exist,

Anger doesn't.

And so doesn't love.

All those things; they are all theoretical. It isn't something you profoundly feel, it is just an illusion that you create in your misery. Rational thinkers don't need such illusions. They have their math, their theories and their equations that would never lie to them. They aren't illusions, they are actually there.

Life is misery.

Life is decease.

Life is just a temporary pain in the ass.

In the center of her life stand things that are real, no such things like imaginations or dreams. No such thing like a connection between people. No such thing like sparks that fly, unless they are actually visible like in a breathtaking chemical reaction. Never has she tried to convince herself to believe such idiotic, such absurd thoughts.

The need and desire to have a deep, emotional relation to someone; she never had it before. The ones that get closest to this emotion, if it is even worth of being called that, are her own parents. The problem is, that they aren't rationalists, unfortunately, which makes it a little harder to live with them.

They always tell her how beautiful life is, how mesmerizing and magical dreams and feelings are.

I don't care.

I don't believe.

I don't want to.

And, indeed, she doesn't. At least, until she reads those few words that were once left on her desk that day; the day that she can finally be counted among those emotional ones, the day this obscurity is finally unmasked and revealed for her to comprehend.

Thanks to him.

--I hope you liked the prologue to my new story 'lethal love', which will almost entirely consist of letters between our two main characters. This is my first story of this kind, so please excuse my style if you don't like it lol. Whatever, please look forwards for the letters, sometimes there may be a normal chapter.

Vote and let me know what you think x