Chapter 11

Hey guys, thanks for your previous reads, votes and comments. Sorry if Jay and Carmen's relationship seems kind of bipolar but it needs to be done. Thanks to all the new fans. This chapter is dedicated to Nadie_Rae because her Wattpad Writers Rant made me laugh so much, thank you for brightening up my day!

The song is Something Good Can Work by Two Door Cinema Club and the guy is Alex, any suggestions for a guy to play Alex?? (Carmen's brother)

Enjoy!!

“Why did you lie about it?” I asked Jay still shocked,

“I didn’t say brothers, I said beta.” Jay said almost convincing me that I was wrong,

“Jay, just give it up already.” Mike said exasperated. Why exactly would Mike and Jay lie about being brothers, it didn’t make sense.  It also didn’t make sense that Mike was older than Jay yet Jay was still Alpha, it should’ve been the other way round.

“Can someone please explain what’s going on?”  Jay and Mike shared a dubious look,

“Mike and I are brothers, Mike is supposed to be the Alpha but our dad decided that I should be Alpha because Mike wasn’t good enough.” I mulled over that information but something just didn’t add up,

“So why lie about it?” I asked suspiciously, the tension in the room was undeniably strong,

“We didn’t want to ruin our family name…” that was the lamest excuse I’d ever heard but I was tired of trying to strain information from both of them. An awkward silence filled the air as we all tried to think of something to say.

“Can we talk somewhere private, Carmen?” I followed Jay out of the room and down to the kitchen; sitting down on one of stools I waited patiently for him to begin talking.

“I think we need to take a break.” I nearly toppled off the stool as he said those words,

“Excuse me?”

“All we seem to do is argue a lot these days; I think it’d better if we had some space from each other.” I tried to slow my breathing and speak in a calm, unaffected voice.

“How long is this break?” Jay shrugged and simply stated,

“As long as it takes.” This is what I’d been scared of, me sacrificing everything just for it to be thrown in my face,

“You can stay with Mike here if you want, I’m going to pack and then I’m leaving.” All I could do was nod, the things I wanted to say were lodged in my throat. Maybe if I’d just stayed away from Jay in the first place this wouldn’t be happening, no doubt that he was going to find someone better than me while he was away.

After a few minutes upstairs he came down packed with all his bags, my fears were intensified when Jay told me who he was leaving with,

“I’m leaving with Andy, Joe, James and Eva. I’ll probably be back in about a week, Mike’s going to run things while I’m gone.” Again all I could do was nod; he looked at me for a few moments before

stepping out the front . He’d taken all but five steps when I ran up to him, I tip-toed up and kissed him firmly, who knew, maybe this was the last kiss I would share with Jay,

“I love you.” Jay didn’t reply but instead kissed my forehead before loping off to his car which had the siblings waiting for him. I watched Jay drive off until he disappeared from sight, all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and cry for days but instead I walked up to the office dejectedly. Mike smiled sympathetic smile,

“He’ll come back for you, I know my brother.” I smiled weakly at Mike, he seemed positive about it but I couldn’t help but doubt him,

“I don’t think so Mike.” My eyes stung and my throat burnt but I willed myself not to cry, I wasn’t going to cry over Jay,

“Come here.” Mike opened his arms offering a hug and I gladly accepted it, at that moment I started thinking about my mum, I really didn’t want to be estranged from her like this. I truly hoped Jay came back because I didn’t want to lose my mum over nothing, Mike’s arms gave me a sense of comfort I hugged him back tightly. Who knew when the next time I’d get any comfort?

“If I asked you why Jay’s alpha instead of you, would you tell me or would you give me a lame excuse?” I looked up into Mike’s warm eyes questionably,

“I’d give you a lame excuse.” He said with a hint of a smirk

“I don’t think I’m allowed to tell you and I’m sure Jay won’t mind telling you when he gets back.” That’s if he comes back I thought.

“I know what you’re thinking. Jay will come back, I may not like him a lot but I know he wouldn’t let you go so easily.” I tightened my hold of Mike and murmured thanks once again.

I turned over in my bed again which seemed like the billionth time I’d done it, frustrated I ended up ditching the thought of me sleeping. I sat up angrily in my bed and gazed out the window, the night sky was black and the twinkly lights of the city shone brightly. After a few moments I realised I’d be getting no sleep, I clambered out of bed and made my way to the kitchen to get a drink, as I reached the top of the stairs I heard hushed voices. I strained my werewolf ears to listen better, I knew what I was doing was wrong but I couldn’t resist.

“You can’t keep doing this to me, it’s either we’re together or not.” A voice that sounded like Mike’s hissed,

“I’m just not ready for that yet, give me time.” I was really confused now, I could recognise that voice from anywhere but what I wanted to know was what was he doing here this late? I tried my best to creep down the stairs and to the door of the kitchen; all the while I was holding my breath. I listened carefully to their conversation making sure they hadn’t acknowledged me yet; finally I got to the kitchen doorway. Their conversation had stopped but it seemed like they were still oblivious to my presence, I craned my body further to get a good view of the other guy’s face.

My jaw literally touched the floor as I saw what Mike was doing with the other guy, I took one last look to make sure it was who I thought it was and  then ran back upstairs. I lay panting in my bed, my heart hammering against my chest and my head pounding with this new revelation.

I’d just seen Mike and my brother kissing. No, let me rephrase that. I had just seen Mike and my brother having sex in the kitchen.