Epilogue 2

Song on the side - Tiderays by Volcano Choir

Epilogue 2

"Harmony? Harmony, can you hear me? Please be okay." A familiar voice called to me through the fog that was my mind. I could feel chilled hands rubbing my even colder arms urgently. The voice was one I'd know from anywhere and I honestly wanted nothing more then to open my eyes but it was impossible, I was almost gone. I knew it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beep, beep, beep, beep.

I threw my arm out in search of what I thought was my phone to halt its persistent beeping but my arm was stopped by something pulling sharply at it. My brow furrowed in tired confusion, as I was too lazy to open my eyes. There was this weird haze to my mind and I thought that maybe this was some form of hell where my arms were tied down and I couldn't stop my phone from driving me mad. Just perfect.

But then, as I was about to start pulling my hair out in aggravation, I heard a sweet laugh causing my eyes to instantly shoot open in search of whoever just laughed. My eyes were met with a familiar pair of blue I loved so much. Neither of us spoke as we stared each other down.

Louis eventually cracked a smile and I couldn't help but return it. He was so handsome it quite literally hurt. As I was appreciating Louis' appearance a thought came to mind. What was he doing here? He didn't want me not to long ago, what was different now?

My brow furrowing again and I bit my bottom lip before looking down at my hands to see a tube attached to the top of my hand; an IV.

"Want to tell me what's going on up in that head of yours?" Louis finally spoke and it caused me to jump the slightest bit.

"Is this some form of hell?" I began with a tired sigh. "I should be dead, right? I took a whole bottle of pills." My explanation was met with Louis standing up from his chair and making his way over to me; taking a seat next to me on the hospital bed.

"Andrea and I thankfully showed up just in time." Louis stated. "What would make you think this is hell?" He inquired quickly after with furrowed brows.

"You're here. I can't have you, yet you're here. That is a hell all in itself." I said with a quick shake of the head. The feeling of his eyes staring at me made me want to keep my head down.

"I'm sorry, Harmony. I'm so sorry that I was even stupid enough to say what I said to you before you left. I swear to you that I didn't mean a word of it. Management had called me while we were in America and instructed that I had to make you leave." Louis sighed, "I know that's a shit excuse, believe me, I do. But please trust me when I say that I love you. I love you so much Harmony it hurts sometimes. The idea of not having you in my life literally makes my heart beat too fast and my stomach does these awful flips." Louis moved his hand in a circular motion to show what his stomach does. I couldn't help the small smile that slipped onto my lips.

He looked up from his hands to meet my green eyes. His held a dead seriousness that caused a strange shiver to run down my spine. "It is ridiculous how much I love you." Louis almost whispered so quietly I didn't hear him.

His statement was left with no response, as I had honestly nothing to say. I loved him, I did. There really wasn't anything I could say. He looked at me expectantly.

"Well?" His blue eyes began to look a little desperate in his need for an answer.

"I think you know how I feel for you." I finally responded simply.

"If you still love me I'd be amazed." He muttered running a hand roughly through is hair. My eyebrows furrowed and I reached my hand out to bring his hand into mine.

"Why do you say that?" My voice sounded thick as irrational tears started to fill my eyes.

"I treated you rather badly, wouldn't you say? You never deserve to be treated how I treated you."

"You being here right now, looking so lost, tells me that you are sorry. Plus, if you went against your management just for little ol' crazy me, then that means something I think." I told him with a weak smile.

Louis squeezed my hand in an almost harsh manner. "I love you."

"I love you more." I told him as I brought his hand up to my lips to place a small kiss to the top of his hand. Before Louis could respond, someone barged through the door not even bothering to knock.

"Oh thank god. You're up." Andrea gushed as she rushed forward to give me an awkward hug around all the wires attached to me and Louis was smashed in the middle.

"Hey Andrea." I mumbled into her hair. She quickly let me go just to grab ahold of my face between her hands. Her face was rather stern looking.

"Don't ever do anything that stupid again, okay? Or I will have to beat you." She said almost angrily but I knew her anger was hopefully love filled.

A small giggle slipped from my lips causing her to narrow her eyes before letting go of my face with a huff. "I'm going to go get everyone else. We've been waiting for you to wake up." She explained making her way towards the door.

My gaze left Andrea to see Louis' loving stare focused on me. It caused my to blush and look down; I knew that he was now smirking.

"Harmony, baby." A familiar voice made me shoot my head up to see my mom standing in the door way with a hand over her mouth and my dad right beside her with tired eyes. Mom didn't hesitate any longer to move forward to hug me fiercely. I returned the hug in the same manner and felt my dad wrap his arms around the both of us.

"Thank god, you're okay." Mom whispered into my neck along with numerous other things that eventually turned into gibberish because of how hard she was crying. Her tears brought me to tears and we were all just a mess of tears, dad included.

Mom pulled away from me to wipe my tears and give me the smallest smile. "Never do anything like that again, please. I love you, baby girl." She whispered and left a kiss on my forehead.

Dad simply left a kiss on my forehead with a slight nod of his head as if to enforce mom's words. I smiled up at him and nodded back.

I looked around me and realized how stupid I was. To think that I thought my decision wouldn't hurt anyone; these people around me cared and looked about as bad as I did. How could I be so inconsiderate?

No matter what, I would always have people to love me.

"I love you guys. I'm so sorry." I expressed as I wrung my hands. Louis grabbed one and held it tightly.

"We love you, Harmony. You just scared us." Mom stated for them all; Louis and Andrea nodded their heads in agreement.

Louis leaned forward to peck me on the cheek and I blushed brilliantly.

It's taken me a while to figure something out. I've wanted to have something like Neverland but I have something even better. I have Louis, my family, and friends. The delusional dream I was trying to live began to kill me when I should have opened my eyes to see I had something fantastic. Thankfully, now I see.

T H E E N D