Chapter 3: "Don't Mess With The Crazies"

Sᴏɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇ - Lɪsᴢᴛᴏᴍᴀɴɪᴀ ʙʏ Pʜᴏᴇɴɪx

Chapter 3

LOUIS’ POV

      It’s rather strange how life has a way of working out perfectly.  I figured I never would see Harmony again after the night I climbed up her fire escape and knocked on her window.  I’m just glad that I ran into that diner.

     Harmony had a funny way about her.  She was rather childlike but seemed to have her moments of seriousness.  I couldn’t quite keep up…I want to know more about her.  She has definitely picked my curiosity.

      “Louis snap out of it.  Your cell’s ringing.”  I noticed Harry had been waving his hand in front of my face trying to snap me out of my daze.

       “Oh yeah…it is.”  I swiftly pulled my phone from my pocket.  “Hello?”

       “Hi.  Is this Louis?”  The familiar voice asked from the other end of the line.

      “Yeah, who’s this?”  I asked, although I had I feeling I already knew who it was.

      “Its Harmony.”  She answered gladly.

      “Oh. Hi Harmony!  What’s up?”  I asked happily. I was thankful that she had called.

     “Um, I’m making popcorn then I was going to watch a movie…What about you?”  She asked distractedly.

       “Nothing. Maybe I could come over and watch the movie with you…What movie are you watching?”  I asked hopefully.

       “You want to come over?  We barely know each other. Aren’t you worried that I could be some obsessed fan and would like hold you hostage or something?”  She asked with a slight laugh.  I couldn’t help but smile at her question.  Honestly, I wasn’t worried in the slightest.  I felt like I could trust her even though I’ve only just meet her. 

       Looking up I noticed Harry staring at me confusedly from his spot on the floor in front of the tv with the game controller in hand. “Who is it”  he mouthed my way.

       I whispered one second.  “I’ve already been in your house once and you didn’t try to tie me to a chair or anything so I think I’m safe, now what movie are we watching?”  I asked stubbornly.

      “I don’t think I said you could come over.”  Harmony stated back, equally as stubborn.

     “I think I remember where your flat is.  I’ll be over in a bit.”  I said, smiling at my own moment of brilliance.

      Harmony groaned from the other end of phone, “Fine.  But don’t text me if you can’t find your way.”  I could tell that she was smiling just from her voice.  She ended the call and I slipped my phone into my pocket, looked up to notice that Harry was still staring at me strangely.

      “What was that about, Louis?”  He had a small smile creeping onto his features.

      “Oh nothing…” I answered coolly, looking down at my nails.

      “Uh huh, sure.  Where are you going?”  Harry probed, full on grinning now.

       “A friends place.”  I answered vaguely.  I stood up swiftly and grabbed my jacket, making my way towards the door.

       “Louis!”  I ran out the door, not waiting for Harry’s questions.  Once I was safe outside with my hood up, I made my way towards Harmony’s flat.