Chapter 16 : "Not Like Superman"

Sᴏɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇ - I Cᴀɴ Lɪғ Cᴀʀ ʙʏ WALK THE MOON

Chapter 16

LOUIS' POV

"Good morning Paul." I greeted as I stepped out of my flat and trudged towards him with all of my bags. Huffing, I made it the rest of the short distance between the car and us. After lugging the bags onto the ground, I turned towards Paul. "Thanks for all your help." I grumbled and Paul merely smiled.

"No problem, Louis. Anytime." He replied with a smirk. I stared at him incredulously. Paul chuckled heartily then patted me on the back rather roughly, knocking all the wind out of me momentarily. He turned to the bags on the ground and went to put them in the back of the van. Yanking open the door, I didn't notice the other boys dragging their things out.

"Louis!" I heard Niall shout from behind me, causing me to jump slightly. Looking back at the smiling blonde lad, I smiled feeling the effects of the excitement of getting to go to America starting to kick in. After Niall placed his suitcase down where Paul could take care of it he came over to me and slapped his hand on my back in the same place Paul had earlier.

I whimpered slightly from the pain and Niall gave me a weird look. "Paul had hit me there earlier." I explained and a look of understanding washed over Niall's features along with a clearly amused smile. "Its not funny. It hurt like hell!" I whined and Niall started laughing to the point he had to hold his sides. "Oh shut it, Niall!"

"Who is being mean to my Boobear?" Harry demanded as he came around the other side of the van. Nudging my head in the direction of Niall, Harry walked over to him and hit the back of his head. Niall's laughter immediately ceased. He sent Harry a death glare but the curly haired lad expertly ignored it while getting into the van.

Niall sighed as he hopped inside too with me close behind. Once all of us were situated in our seats, Paul started up the car and we were on our way.

"Louis, what's Harmony's address?" Paul inquired from the front. I quickly told him her address and turned back to the boys. Harry had a look of uneasiness but I merely ignored him. I already knew what he thought of the situation even though he had apologized not to long ago. He told me that he thought Harmony was an amazing person and very sweet but I could still see the worry in his green eyes. I know that he still thought it was a bad idea. It is but I could care less.

We hurriedly made it to Harmony's flat and as soon as Paul parked the van, I jumped out. The boys waited inside as I ran to meet Harmony. She was sitting at the bottom of the stairs with all of her bags and her curly hair pulled back into a bun. With the sound of the door slamming shut, she looked up and my eyes met her fierce green ones. A cute smile spread across her lips and she stood to greet me.

"Hey Louis." She cheered as I pulled her in for a hug and a small peck on the cheek, which caused her to blush the smallest bit.

"Morning babe. Get your bags. The flight leaves soon." I replied in a rush as I grabbed all of her bags besides one, since I couldn't carry anymore.

"Louis, you don't have to carry all of those. I can take a few." Harmony offered, trying to take a few of the bags from me, but I stubbornly declined.

Throwing her bags into the back along with all of the other bags, we went to take our seats with the boys inside the van. We all talked cheerily on the way to the airport. Harry even acted like he was enjoying himself. I was really thankful that he was being a good sport for me.

After some time, we had finally made it to the airport and from what we could see; there weren't any paparazzi or fans there yet. We swiftly got out of the van, grabbed our bags, and followed closely behind Paul. I kept a tight hold of Harmony's small hand. As we checked our bags and were waiting for our flight to be called, I could feel Harmony's hands begin to shake.

"What's wrong, Harmony?" I asked, looking over at her slouched position in the seat. Her hair was now quite frizzy and crazy; she looked a little stressed. Harmony looked up at me with big, innocent eyes.

"Nothing. Just a little nervous for the flight, is all." She answered with a sheepish smile. Giving her hand a squeeze, I leaned over to peck her on the cheek.

"It will be fine. I've flown a bunch of times, nothing bad has happened." I reassured her.

"Yet." Harry butted in with a mischievous smile. I could see Harmony's eyes widen at his words.

"Shut up, Harry." Liam retorted while punching Harry in the arm. Harry's groan of pain was cut off by the sound of our flight being announced.

Standing up, I tugged Harmony up beside me while keeping hold of my carry on. "Come on, Harmony. Let's go take our seats."

Harmony stayed close to me as we made our way onto the plane and took our seats. She hastily buckled herself in and instantly closed her eyes, leaning her head back. I watched her for a while, noticing her eyes were squinted shut and her breaths were a little fast. She had a tight grip on the seat. Gently, I grabbed the hand nearest to me and held it tight. One of Harmony's eyes opened, looking directly at me. I grinned reassuringly and it seemed to help her breathing a little bit and her tensed body seemed to relax.

"It's fine, Harmony. We will be there in no time." I promised as I leaned back in my chair and closed my eyes. "Just take a nap, it will seem shorter that way."

I heard Harmony sigh next to me, but I kept my eyes shut and listened to her breaths as they evened out. Listening to each of her in takes of breath; I began to feel tired enough to sleep. Quickly, I was sucked into unconsciousness and I lost her the sound of her breathing somewhere in my sleep.

"Louis, babe, wake up." A sweet voice cooed to me causing my eyes to flutter open. The sight of two deep green eyes close to mine welcomed me, so I leaned forward and pecked the owner of the green eyes on the lips. A giggle filled the air and before I could do anything about it, those eyes moved away.

"Seriously Louis, you have to get up." Harmony warned playfully as I began to come out of my sleepy haze. "We've landed." She explained as she moved into the aisle way.

"Just wait, I have to get my carry on." I mumbled with a yawn and attempted to stand but was yanked back to my seat. Starring down dumbly, I noticed I hadn't unbuckled yet. Harmony's silent giggles from earlier was now a full-blown laugh. It bounced off the sides of the emptying plane, catching a few people's attention as they exited the plane. Her eyes widened in embarrassment and her hands covered her mouth, trying to cease her laughter. I glared up at her as I unbuckled but this just caused her face to turn red from trying to not laugh. Ignoring her tomato red face, I looked above for my carry on but was surprised to see it wasn't there.

"Oh, Louis. I have your carry on." Harmony said in between her laughs. Taking my bag from her grasp, I moved my way down the aisle, off of the plane.

"Louis! Come on, that was pretty funny." She said apologetically but her amused smile was still there.

"Not really..." I mumbled but I was honestly about ready to start laughing too. It was pretty funny.

"Oh, whatever! You're about to start laughing yourself!" She accused while grabbing ahold of my hand.

I mumbled an "uh huh" and kept walking hand in hand with Harmony off the plane. "Wait, where are the others?" I inquired.

"Don't worry, they're with Paul. They're getting the bags and bringing the van around." She assured. We walked through the airport with our heads down and tried to make sure no one saw us but of course, it just doesn't work like that.

"Louis!" Someone shouted from behind us. We turned to see whom it was and were welcomed by blinding flashes I had come accustom to but Harmony, not so much. She stumbled slightly but with my grip on her hand, she stayed steady.

"Keep your head down and keep moving." I instructed as I pulled her through the crowd forming around us. Muttering a few apologies, I moved quickly ignored all the things being shouted at us. Thankfully, it didn't take long for Paul to come to the rescue. He swooped us up, not like superman or anything but close to it, and shoved us out of the airport.

He managed to get us safely into the van, I sent him a quick thank you and turned to look at Harmony. Her eyes were wide and her lips slightly parted. "Are you okay, Harmony?" I asked her. My voice seemed to snap her out of whatever daze she was just in.

"That was a little overwhelming." She stated with a slight laugh. Niall's booming laugh filled the car and the worry I had previously had for Harmony was now dissolving as I began to laugh along with everyone else.