Chapter 6: "To Never Grow Up"

Sᴏɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇ - Fᴀᴋᴇ Yᴏᴜ Oᴜᴛ ʙʏ Tᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-Oɴᴇ-Pɪʟᴏᴛs 

Chapter 6

Harmony’s POV

“Harmony!  It’s good to see you!”  Niall shouted from his place by the bar.  His already slurred voice was barely heard over the resounding thump of bass being played throughout the club.  It was dark but with the flashing lights I could make out Niall, Liam, and Zayn’s frames.  I walked up to Niall, losing the undetectable feeling of Louis’ hand resting on my lower back.  Niall’s foolish Irish grin beamed at me while wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug.  I felt Liam and Zayn join in, creating an excellent group hug.

I had hung out with the boys a few times and from those times I’d like to think that we were all friends.  They seemed to like me and I couldn’t help but like them.  Each of the boys were fantastic.

 Niall was the sweet Irish one-that’s all that should have to be said about that…  Zayn was deep.  He’s really quiet but I know he is just observing it all.  Sometimes, I even catch the sly smiles he never wants anyone to see.  Liam’s mature and he keeps the boys in order.  Although, he has the title of ‘Daddy Direction’, I don’t really see it.  He definitely is about as ridiculous as the others and his warm brown eyes give him a childish look.  Lastly, Harry.  Oh, he is a cheeky one.  He certainly has a dirty way of looking at things and his smile with those two little dimples help him get away with it.

Louis was a whole other story.  He was so kind, caring, and sweet.  But he was also sassy and entertaining.  I haven’t had a dull moment with him since I’ve met him and I’m grateful for meeting all of them.  If I hadn’t of meet them I might have gone back to my old ways.

The boys sort of reminded me of the boys from my favorite story growing up.  The Lost Boys…  The way I’d catch them in their most genuine moments, playing around and being foolish.  

“Harmony!”  The sound of Liam’s voice brought me out of thoughts.  He had an expectant smile on his face.

“Oh!  What?”  I shouted back to Liam, my eyebrows knotted together.  I gave my head a little shake as if to remove my thoughts.

“I want you to meet Danielle.”  Liam still hadn’t removed his hopeful smile.  I merely nodded my head towards him and he disappeared unexpectedly into the crowd.  The bewildered look on my face caught Louis’ attention and I could feel him chuckle from the vibration in his chest.  He was standing close, his arms wrapped around my waist.  Louis leaned forward; I felt his lips skim by my ear.

“Liam told me that Danielle’s been waiting to me you.”  Louis spoke into my ear loud enough to be heard over the music.  The thumping of the base had me slightly distracted.  The memories of the parties and clubs I had gone to way to young were flooding my mind. 

“Harmony.”  Louis’ voice eased some of my agitation.  I turned towards him so that we were facing each other, face to face.  Louis had a smirk gracing his thin lips and I felt as if there were something pulling all my attention to that smirk.