Chapter 15 : "Scaredy Cat"

Sᴏɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇ - Gɪᴠᴇ M Lᴏᴠᴇ ʙʏ E Sʜᴇᴇʀᴀɴ

Chapter 15:

Harmony's POV

As soon as we were done eating, Louis paid and dragged us out of the diner. He was in an unexpected rush, pulling me back in the direction of my flat. His short, brown, feathery hair was whipping around and getting in his eyes, which caused him to let out a frustrated huff of air attempting to get the hair away. I laughed at how ridiculous he looked. When he heard my laugh, Louis brought us to a halt and glared at me playfully.

"What? Where's the fire Louis?" I asked him with mock surprise and another laugh. I wasn't in a rush to get anywhere, so I was along for the ride. But it seemed that whatever he was driven to do was put to a stop since I laughed at him. My eyebrows were raised expectantly but he just rolled his blue eyes. Our walk back to my flat was continued but at a much slower pace.

"Andreas going to kill me." I heard Louis mumble under his breath. My eyebrows knotted together in confusion.

"What would you have done to make Andrea want to kill you?" I pondered aloud and Louis sent me a glance.

"Uh, she told me she wanted you to give her a call as soon as you came out of your flat. I totally forgot." He stated. "So I'm just going to take you to your flat, so you guys can chat about whatever she needed to talk to you about." Louis' words began to just sound like mumbles with the speed of his words. He must be seriously frightened of Andrea. I know I would be. She can be very scary when she wants to be, but most of the time she is a saint.

I rubbed my thumb over the top of Louis' coarse hand that was held in mine. "Calm down, Louis. I don't think Andrea is going to bite your head off. I won't let her anyways." I chuckled and shot him a wink. Louis' tensed posture lessened the slightest bit, and he sent me a warm smile but kept us on route.

We quickly arrived outside of my flat and Louis pulled me towards Andrea's door, knocking several times. I heard Andrea's small footsteps from inside before the door opened. Her expression washed over with relief when she saw it was Louis and I.

"Thank god. I thought you had something stupid." Andrea muttered while grabbing my hand. "I want to talk to you." She said and shut the door in front of Louis. "Sorry Louis! Just wait outside for a little while." Her small voice shouted towards the door for Louis to hear. I could hear him groan from the other side. Chuckling at Louis' misfortune, I turned back to Andrea. She was standing with her arms crossed over her chest with an expectant expression. Now it was my turn to groan.

"What?" I asked and my shoulders slumped. Taking a seat on her old, tattered couch, I leaned back and waited for her to speak.

"You know exactly what. Do I have to call your parents and get them out here to take you back home?" She inquired with a parental tone to her voice. I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Really? You are going to bring my parents into this?" I questioned and she merely nodded as if I should have already known the answer. "I'm fine, trust me. Well, I'm fine now anyways." I smiled towards Andrea causing her to relax slightly.

"I'm calling them the first instant something bad happens though, undestand?" She promised to me with a point of the finger. I rolled my eyes as she turned to go into her kitchen. Getting up and following her in the same direction, I took in her small kitchen. It was just slightly smaller than mine. With blue walls, instead of yellow like mine. But other than that our flats were basically the same.

Leaning on the counter, I watched Andrea put the teakettle on the stovetop. "You really don't have to call them. We both know they are no help. My mom is still depressed from Ben's death and so is my dad. He hasn't taken a day off work in such a long time. They don't care about me." I muttered bringing my head into my hands. The feeling of Andrea rubbing comforting circles on my back had my eyes peeking open to look at her.

After my brother Ben died, both of my parents had become pretty depressed. My dad spent all of his time working to keep his mind off of it and my mother just laid in bed most days, crying for god knows how long. I was just as depressed, and when I tried to kill myself was when my parents had given up mostly any hope they had left. My mother sent me away to a hospital and stayed away from me for as long as possible. Still to this day she doesn't talk to me, she sends me money every once in a while but that's about it. I think it is because she can't stand looking at me and remembering how I looked lying on floor with blood draining from me swiftly. But my dad doesn't agree with how my mother is treating me, or at least I think. He tries to call me every once in a while but, because of my own stubbornness, I don't bother answering.

"They care, Harmony. Your dad called me a couple days ago while you were locked up in your flat. He wanted to talk to you, he said he missed you." Andrea told me with a sad smile but I rolled my eyes. Of course he wanted to talk to me. I don't know why he even bothers anymore. Why can't he just want to stay away from me like mom? It hurt to know they didn't want me but I had become accustomed to it after a while.

"Well that's too bad I missed the call." I stated under my breath. "This has been a great talk Andrea, but I really most get back to Louis." My smile was too big to pass for an honest smile and Andrea could see right through it.

"Promise me you will answer his call the next time." She said sternly with her green eyes narrowed. Crossing my fingers behind my back, I promised to her that I would.

"Thank you. Do you want a cup of tea before you go?" Andrea asked, moving back towards the kettle. I shook my head and made my way towards the door.

"No. Thank you though." I replied politely. The way Andrea had been talking to me like a child was a little irritating. Now my words are becoming a bit contradicting. First, I don't want to grow up, but I also don't want Andrea treating me like a child. I need to get ahold of myself.

"Alright, stay out of trouble!" She shouted to me as I opened the door. I had to laugh at that because normally she was the one getting into trouble with partying and drugs and what not. I just got in trouble for my behavior... We should both stay out of trouble, I guess.

The sound of someone shuffling to their feet had me looking towards my left. Louis was pulling himself from the floor and adjusting his shirt that had become ruffled from his sitting position.

"Hey, how'd it go?" He asked me curiously as came to stand next to me.

"It went fine." I reassured him with a slight laugh.

"Andrea honestly scares me sometimes." He admitted sheepishly, his hand scratching the back of his neck.

"Come on scardy cat." I teased him while reaching for his hand and leading him inside my flat.

"I'm not a scaredy cat!" Louis defended himself, crossing his arms and pouting. I couldn't help but let more giggles escape my lips. Standing up on my tiptoes, I lightly pecked my lips to Louis'. He immediately stopped pouting and wrapped his arms around my waist before I could move away. "Admit I'm not a scaredy cat." He warned.

"Never!" I shouted as I managed to wiggle out of his grasp. Running through my flat, I went towards my bedroom but before I could grab the doorknob, I felt Louis' hands around my waist once again. As Louis held me in his grasp, I realized how dangerous of a predicament I was in.

Just as I suspected, Louis' started his ruthless attack at my sides. Tickling me continuously till I was gasping for air. "Louis! Stop!" I cried out in between laughs.

"I will as soon as you admit I'm not a scaredy cat." He stated, I could hear the smile in his tone.

"I'm not a scaredy cat!" I yelled and the tickling stopped for a second. Looking up, I saw Louis looking at me with an amused expression, his eyebrows raised

"Really?" He asked with a chuckle, immediately going back to tickling me.

"Fine!" I gasped, "You're not a scaredy cat."

Louis' fingers left my side and I could finally breath. "Okay." He simply said with a shrug and giving me a hand. I stared incredulously at him but reached for the outstretched hand. Once I had a good grip, I yanked him and, since he wasn't suspecting it, he fell to the ground with a thud. Jumping up, I moved a couple steps away and looked down at him. He looked surprised, and I began to laugh about as hard as when he was tickling me. Louis stood up and childishly stuck his tongue out at me.

I laughed at him one more time before turning away and heading to the living room, pulling out my laptop to check a few things. "What do you want to do today?" I asked with a sigh. It was a little past noon, and I reall didn't want to stay inside all day and watch tv. Louis took a seat beside me, a mock glare still playing on his features. "Oh, cut it out, you Debby downer."

Louis' lips quirked up into a small smile, "Debby Downer? Really?" He inquired, chuckling loudly. It reminded me of something close to Niall's laugh.

"Yeah, I like it better than grumpy pants or something like that." I shrugged my shoulders and opening up twitter on my laptop.

"Hmm, well, in response to what I want to do today. I don't really care. I just like to hang out with you, so as long as we're together I'm happy." He stated simply with a beaming smile.

I stared at him for a bit with an apprehensive gaze but seeing the honestly in his smile, I shrugged off any doubt and smiled back. "A little too mushy for me, Louis." I giggled. My gaze moved away from his to look at my laptop screen. Going past my mentions and notifications, I looked just at the newsfeed. My eyebrows knotted together in confusion at what some of the tweets said.

"What? I thought girls were into that mushy type of stuff." Louis added. "What are you looking at?" He questioned when he noticed my confused expression.

"Are you going to America?" I inquired after reading the tweets stating that One Direction was to be in America this coming week. I felt a little hurt with the fact he hadn't told me.

"Oh, uh, yeah." He stuttered out with his blue eyes wide. I narrowed mine slightly into a glare.

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"Well 'cause I wanted it to be a surprise. I was going to ask you to come with me." Louis stated a little sheepishly.

"Are you not going to anymore?" I asked, a little offended.

"No, I am still going to ask you to come, I just wanted it at a little bit more of an opportune time." He muttered while awkwardly cracking his knuckles.

"This says you're leaving pretty soon. When were you planning on asking?"

"I guess it really doesn't matter now." He assumed with a smile, his whole demeanor changing. "Would you like to come to America with me?"

I thought about his offer for a little bit. Going to America sounded insanely fun. Plus, getting away might be good for me. Especially since I had just spent two days locked away in my room. I can't let everything catch up to me, I have to keep living...

"I'd love to go." Smiling, I replied and nodded my head. America will be fun.