Chapter 2: "Very Entertaining"

Sᴏɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇ - Hᴏᴡ Cᴀɴ Yᴏᴜ Sᴡᴀʟʟᴏᴡ Sᴏ Mᴜᴄʜ Sʟᴇᴇᴘ ʙʏ Bᴏᴍʙᴀʏ Bɪᴄʏᴄʟᴇ Cʟᴜʙ

CHAPTER 2

    "Harmony, I'm not paying you to stand around. Get back to work!" The short, stubby man with a layer of sweat resting on his forehead by his receding hairline shouted at me. I huffed from my spot leaning on the counter, daydreaming. Walking out to the first table I saw. "Hello welcome to Bud's Dinner. My name's Harmony, I will be your waitress. What can I get you to drink?" I asked, bored. The number of times I've said that this week was finally starting to drive me insane.

    Staring at the family situated in the booth, a tired looking mother and father with their overly vigorous children. I couldn't help but scoff at the little family in front of me. As soon as I had their orders, I ran to the back of the restaurant to the kitchen, placing in the order.

    Once again I stopped at the counter, leaning and day dreaming...The loud, stomping steps coming to a stop behind me and then tapping their meaty foot got me to freeze.

    "Miss James?" My boss said sickly sweet. I slowly turned around to look at the fat sweaty man. "I am going to warn you one more time. If you do not get to work this very instant then you will promptly be fired!" Mr. Haress yelled, throwing down the dishtowel he had in hand. I scampered out of the kitchen as quickly as possible, grabbing the family's order from earlier. Although Mr. Haress is a rather small man, he is quite terrifying.

    I flew out the door leading behind the bar. Of course, my rapid action caught the attention of a few people in the diner. Straightening up, I adjusting my ratty uniform and sent a fake smile to the people staring. They quickly turned away, going back to their food. I slouched down almost instantly and let out a deep sigh. Bringing my hand up to my hair that was in a tight top bun, tucking away any lose strands of hair.

    Going to the booth with the small family, I plopped their meals down in front of them, not very gently. The mother and father sent livid looks in my direction but I ignored them. In return, I sent them a dazzling fake smile.

    "Enjoy." I said sarcastically, giving an over-exaggerated bow.

    Walking away from the family, I came to booth with a single occupant. He had his head down thoroughly examining the menu. The hood of his jacket was up so she couldn't get a good look at his face. I noticed his leg, covered in red skinny jeans, was shaking up and down fiercely. I involuntarily took a deep breath and stood in front of the booth.

    Surprisingly, I managed to smile brightly and cleared my throat, catching the man's attention.

    "Hello. Welcome to Bud's Dinner. I'll be your waitress. What can I get you to drink?" I asked, taking in the man's familiar blue eyes.