Chapter 5: "Dream on Tomlinson"

Sᴏɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇ - Tʜᴇ Wɪɴɴᴇʀ Is ʙʏ Dᴇᴠᴏᴛᴄʜᴋᴀ

Chapter 5: 

Harmony's POV

          I was at first confused as to why my mood was changing so drastically today but everything clicked together when I caught sight of the little medicine bottle situated on a shelf in my bathroom. Groaning, I reached out and grasped the familiar bottle and opened the lid, producing a small white pill into the palm of my hand. I swallowed down the pill and glanced up at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. Grimacing at my reflection, I slammed shut the cabinet door that my medicine was in. The force of the impact caused the cabinet to rattle and I could hear a ruckus from inside of it.

             I froze in place and took a deep breath. I opened the door slowly. All the shelves had lost what was placed on top of them. The objects that were organized inside were now laid about haphazardly.

               "Of course." I cursed under my breath and went to work reorganizing the insides of the cabinet. I tried to go about finishing this task quickly because I glanced up on the pink clock on the wall telling me I only had an hour to get ready to go out clubbing with Louis and Harry. Honestly, I am not a fan of clubbing. Rubbing into sweaty strangers, getting felt up occasionally, and getting all dressed up just to look like a bloody mess afterwards really wasn't all that appealing to me.

               I had gone clubbing many times with my twin brother, Ben, because he thought that clubbing was something that made you mature and 'grown up' I guess you could say. Ben had grown up to quickly leading to his premature death and my thoughts on growing up remained the same. Growing up kills.

               The parties Ben had forced me to go with him to were all drugs, alcohol, and sex. He would always claim it was good fun but I didn't find anything fun about them. Honestly, it scared me. Seeing my brother becoming a totally different person during our outings gave me nightmares upon nightmares. Every night he became less like the old Ben who I loved dearly and looked up to. He became this person who didn't care about anyone, who would threaten me about the craziest things, and do endless amounts of careless things.

                My thoughts about my brother were diverted by the sound of my cell phone ringing on the counter next to the sink. I looked down at the caller ID and a small smile spread across my face.

                     "Hello Louis." I stated, a smile still etched to my expression.

               "Hey Harmony! So Harry and I are leaving now. The other boys are going to meet us at the club. They insisted they had to come because they missed you." Louis responded with a slight chuckle. "We should be there in about thirty minutes if that's okay?" He inquired eagerly, obviously excited about the events planned for tonight.

                "Oh! Okay, yeah...I haven't even started getting ready yet but you could come up when you get here. You'll just have to wait a bit if I'm not ready." I shrugged my shoulders involuntarily. Speeding towards my closet, I flung the door open rummaging in it for an appropriate dress to go clubbing in. The phone still squished in between my ear and shoulder.

                "Yeah, that sounds good. Well, I'll see you in a bit, yeah?" He rejoiced. His happiness started to make me feel a little eager for tonight too. I hummed a yes in response and he said a quick goodbye before hanging up. Putting my phone on the desk next to the dresser, I continued my search.

             After about thirty minutes of hopeless searching, I gave up and huffed in frustration, my shoulders slumped in defeat. Then a brilliant idea came to mind. I hastily sprinted out of my room, out the door of my apartment and across the hall to my neighbor, Andrea's. Rapidly knocking on the door, I heard some movement from the other side and grumbling about the constant banging on the door.