Chapter 10: "What's Wrong With Her?"

Sᴏɴɢᴏɴᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇ- Sᴜɴʙᴜʀɴʙʏ E Sʜᴇᴇʀᴀɴᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴇᴅʙʏ Nɪɴᴀ Nsʙɪᴛᴛ

Chapter 10:

LOUIS' POV

Harmony's confession had me worried. I meant everything I said, I didn't want to leave her over something as miniscule as this. If what we have means enough to her then we can over come this somehow. But thinking it over, I couldn't help having my doubts. She was so fragile; anything could set her off. It was like walking in a minefield. You had to be careful where you stepped.

My life wasn't somewhere someone as fragile as Harmony could manage a healthy day to day life. The stress of always having to have a perfect image and being a good role model are just two examples of even basic responsibilities. I wouldn't hold Harmony to being perfect. She was perfect enough to me.

Her frizzy, red curls jumbled in a messy bun on top of her head made it possible for me to see every square inch of her clear porcelain skin. She looked so tranquil when she was asleep. Plump pink lips parted slightly for small breaths of warm air to escape. Occasionally, her face would scrunch up and she'd speak mumbles of incoherent words.

I'd decided to stay the night with Harmony and we were currently curled up on her couch, the fifth movie we started was now forgotten. Harmony's head was resting on my chest and with each of in take of my breaths her head would raise just the slightest bit. Her cheeks were flushed with sleep but besides that, her skin was pale. The way her features were relaxed was almost in striking contrast to the way she looked when she was telling me everything earlier.

Bringing my hand up from beside me, I brushed my fingers gently against her cheek. The feeling of her soft skin under my fingertips sent my heart to flutter. Honestly, I've never felt this way about someone. I've had feelings for people but never to this extent. Back when Eleanor and I were dating I, of course, had feelings for her but they didn't seem to last or surpass our friendship. But with Harmony everything is so simple but all too difficult at the same time.

Just like our first kiss. The way we fit together and worked was simple. But the little things that surrounded everything made it difficult. Being in our own world was simple. Being in a bigger world with fans and paparazzi, now that was difficult.

"Louis" Harmony's whispered out in her sleep. The surprise of hearing her speak my name in her sleep brought me out of my challenging thoughts. My body stiffened slightly and I craned my head to get a better look at her face to see if she was actually asleep. Her eyes were squeezed shut with a troubling look. Those pink lips moving with unspoken words.

"Harmony" I soothed her. Her features instantly relaxed and she nuzzled even closer to me so that her head was now in the crook of my neck.

"Don't leave." Her simple instruction came out mumbled. I felt my heart melt. She was even unconsciously worried that I would leave her. Well, I wouldn't dream of it. We were going to make this work. I wonder how the boys would take it.

"Louis? Wake up, babe." My eyes fluttered open at the small sound of Harmony's voice. I was greeted by green eyes rather close to mine. She smiled when I jumped slightly from the sudden closeness. Her laughter filled the room and any exhaustion I had left was now out the window.

"Morning sleepy head." Harmony stated while stepping back and sticking out her hand for me to take. I sat up slowly, stretching my arms above me and rolling out the kink in my neck. Taking Harmony's small hand, she pulled me to a standing position.