Neverland // Louis Tomlinson Fanfiction //

Prologue

    A young girl with long red, blazing hair runs as quickly as her short legs would carry her through the field of small yellow flowers, looking back every once in a while making sure her pursuer was still a good distance away.  She stopped abruptly to hide behind one of the numerous thick trees in the woods, breathing deeply, her chest rising with each breath.  Peering behind the tree, her eyes darting animatedly around, looking for her one adversary.

    There was a snap of a branch somewhere to her left; she swiftly turned her head in that direction, expecting the worst.  No one was there.  She lightly pushed away from the tree, treading quietly towards the outskirts of the forest.  Going one step at a time, she was about to breach through the dark, eerie forest when she heard the maniacal laughter of the thing she was trying to get away from.

    Whipping around to get a good look at the boy with flaming red hair, an overwhelming amount of freckles, and piercing green eyes.  He looked wild with his hair catching the light, quite literally making it look like it was aflame and the jagging hook on his hand.

    “My dear Wendy, what luck I have found you.”  His voice was the voice of just a boy, not quite matured yet.  He had a senseless smile spurring from his face.

    The young girl stayed quiet, awaiting the next move of the hooked boy.  With each step taken by the young boy, ‘Wendy’ felt her heart leap.  She looked down for a second, her eyes scanning over the slight cuts and bruises on her legs from the many daring things she does daily.  Looking back up, she realized that it was the wrong move and saw the hook was now only a mere 3 inches from her face.

    “Wendy, Peter Pan should have never brought you here.  Neverland is no place for a girl.”  The boy whispered, slowly lowering the reflective hook from her face to his side.  That single sentence lit a flame inside the fiery haired girl.  She tackled the startled boy to the leaf covered ground, revealing her wooden dagger and laying it against the boys neck every so gently.

    “Take that back Hook!”  Her voice rang loud and clear throughout the hushed forest.

    “Harmony, I was only joking.”  The harsh look in his eyes from early vanishing to show a timid version of Hook.  He gulped loudly, moving his eyes down to the wooden danger the young girl was holding.

    Harmony let out a small laugh that sounded like the chiming of bells.  She got off the boy and reached one of her dainty but dirty hands out for him to grab ahold of.  Pulling him up, she put her wooden dagger into the loop she had it in earlier.

    “Gosh, Ben.  I was only playing.  No need to freak…”  She said, nudging Ben’s shoulder gently. 

    “You’re bloody murderous, Harmony.”  Ben said, laughing softly.  Ben took Harmony’s hand and looked into her piercing green eyes that matched his own.  “We should probably go home.  Mom and Dad said we had to be back before dinner and it is getting dark.” 

    Ben started pulling Harmony out of the woods, ending her adventure only momentarily.  She stopped suddenly, bringing Ben to a halt.  He turned to her with a questioning look on his face.

    “Ben, I don’t want to go home.  I want to stay in Neverland forever and never grow old!  I don’t ever want to grow up.” Harmony said desperately.  Her young face contorted in sadness.

    Ben felt pity for his younger sister by two minutes.  “Harmony, don’t you want to get a job, get married, have kids?”  He asked, honestly curious.

    Her face twisted into one of disgust. “Kids?  Marry? A Job?  Of course not!  That all sounds so boring!”  She stuck her tongue out at the idea.

    “Well I do.  So we have to leave Neverland.  At least for now.”  He said, pulling Harmony with him back home. She huffed in defeat and let him drag her along.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[ © 2013, Wanderless. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS WORK CONTAINS MATERIAL PROTECTED UNDER INTERNATIONAL AND FEDERAL COPYRIGHT LAWS AND TREATIES. NO PART OF THIS WORK MAY BE REPRODUCED OR TRANSMITTED IN ANY FORM OR BY ANY MEANS WITHOUT EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM Wanderless. ]