Chapter 18 : "Open Your Eyes"

Sᴏɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇ - Sᴏɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇ - Iʀʀᴇsɪsᴛɪʙʟᴇ ʙʏ Oɴᴇ Dɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

Chapter 18

LOUIS' POV

I stepped out of the hotel room and leaned up against the hall wall. My thoughts were on Harmony, then again, when weren't they? She sounded upset when I asked her what was wrong. Of course she didn't tell me anything. Harmony never wants me to worry about her, but the thing is, when she doesn't want me to worry is when I worry most.

I hit my head gently against the wall in frustration. The door clicked and I heard Harmony step out. My eyes were still focused to the ground so; all I saw were her white flip-flops. I loved the fact that she doesn't feel the need to always be dressed up.

"Did you just hit your head against the wall?" Harmony asked incredulously with a slight laugh.

"Maybe." I mumbled in reply, lifting my eyes up to get a better look at Harmony. She was adorned in a light blue short-sleeved dress. It fit her perfectly and made her look even more beautiful, if possible. "You look beautiful, Harmony." I admitted to her.

She brought her hands up awkwardly to rub at her arms. Her shoulders were brought up in her momentary lack of self-confidence, and her eyes looked to the ground sheepishly. "Thanks, Louis." She muttered.

"You really are, babe." I whispered stepping closer and bringing her into my arms to peck her on the cheek. "Now are you ready for the best date ever?" I inquired joyfully, entwining our arms. Harmony nodded enthusiastically and sent me a bright smile.

"Alright, let's do this!" I cheered as I pulled Harmony along. Her chiming laugh followed us down the hall.

Moving my hands away from Harmony's eyes, I said, "Open your eyes, Harmony."

I moved in front of her a little bit so I could gauge her reaction. Her greens eyes were wide, childish and examining everything around her; lips slightly parted in wonder. A brilliant smile slowly splayed out on her lips.

"This is great, Louis!" She cheered joyously, throwing her arms around my neck. Squeezing me tight, Harmony started laughing. Letting me go, she grabbed my hand and began tugging me in the direction of the Carnival ride closest to us.

I was beyond thankful that she loved this. The worrying I had been putting myself through was unneeded and caused me more trouble than anything.

Waiting in line, I looked towards Harmony. Her wide eyes had the glimmering of the lights reflecting on them and I wanted to remember the way her eyes twinkled. I wanted to remember so that when they become dull with sadness, I'd know that there was once a time when they twinkled.