Chapter 26 : "Loving someone isn't selfish"

Song on the side : Stole You Away by Benjamin Francis Leftwich

Chapter 26

Louis' POV

I stood in the same spot for what felt like forever but could have simply been a couple minutes. The urge to go chasing after Harmony was unbelievable but somehow I managed to stay grounded to where I was. Surprisingly, I hadn't felt any tears fall free. I almost felt numb.

This was the right thing to do though. The right thing for the boys and I. Marx knows what he is talking about. If he says this will be good for the band, then it is good for the band. No matter how badly it hurts.

Finally feeling too drained to stand, I dazedly moved towards the bed Harmony and I had shared only a short time ago. Yanking the cover that was laying haphazardly across the bed tight around me, I tried to sleep away my thoughts. But no matter how hard I tried, Harmony's face kept flashing through my head, like it was trying to get my attention. To tell me to get out of this bed and go. Go after her...

Before I could think any longer about that, there was a firm knock at the door. I groaned at the noise unwilling to slip out of bed yet. Dealing with people really wasn't high on my list of things I wanted to do right now. Unfortunately the knocking didn't end and I eventually had to pull myself from the bed to answer the door.

When I eventually opened the door I was oddly welcomed by Harry. He stormed into my room, not waiting for me to invite him in; which I honestly probably wouldn't have done.

"Hey to you too," I mumbled awkwardly to Harry as I watched him stalk into my room to stop and glare at me with his sharp green eyes. He immediately crossed his arms over his chest and I had a feeling this had to do with Harmony. "Listen Harry, I don't know what Harmony told you about what happened, but I-"

"Shut it, Louis." Harry harshly interrupted. I stared back, slightly dumbfounded. "Why is Harmony currently on a flight back to London and you're sulking in your depressing hotel room?" He inquired; his glare softened the smallest bit.

I moved my gaze to the floor thinking about Harmony sitting alone on the plane and how I can't do anything about it anymore. My chest lurched painfully and my face pulled together in sadness.

"Louis?" Harry started with his voice barely above a whisper as he took in my pained state. "Louis, tell me what's going on." He insisted as he stepped forward to put his hand gently around my upper arm, pulling me towards the bed. We sat closely beside each other on the end of the bed.

I sighed deeply, "Management called and told me I had to break it off with Harmony because of what happened yesterday. They said I had one chance and that was it. It looked bad for the band." The last sentence really irked me but I had to let it be. "I can't really do anything about it unless I want to get us all in trouble. I can't do that. I can't ruin this for us." I shook my head numbly as my voice cracked at the end and tears finally began to form. They slid dangerously slow one at a time.

"Shh, it's okay, Louis. It will be okay." Harry comforted, wrapping his arm around my shoulders to pull me in for a hug. I've missed this about us. We were close. I mean, the Larry Stylinson thing kind of took it too far but we were still close.

"I don't see how anything will be okay. I literally feel like she took my heart with her. That sounds insanely dramatic but that's exactly how I feel." The words were spilling out of my mouth like an unstoppable force. I realized how immensely true they were though.

"Everything will be okay in the end, Louis. I promise. It may not seem like it now but I know that you will come up with a plan to make this right. You and Harmony have a strange relationship but I know it will all go back to normal, or at least back to what it used to be." Harry's words were obviously meant to put some confidence in me but I felt even strangely more defeated. I had no idea where to even start on a plan... But I let a small grin slid onto my features to ease Harry's worry.