Chapter 19 - Imprisioned Surprise

I strolled into Aeropostale with my wheel chair while Jerome, Mitch, Mat, and Preston sat outside on a bench. I wheeled around the store, circling around the racks of beautiful shirts. I grabbed a handful, and moved to the edge of the store where the shoplifter machines were.

"Prissy!" I yelled. His head snapped over to me, and I threw the handful of clothes over to him. Obviously, I failed, the garments scattered on the tile floor, and into the range of the shoplifting machines.

"God dammit, Lottie. Now you're gonna get us arrested for shoplifting!"

"Gonna get what?" Mitch turned to me and so did the rest of the guys. Mat's phone rang, and he got up to get it. He rushed back over to the shoplifting machines and punched them till they stopped beeping. I winced at such force, as the employees ran over to the front of the building. I widened my eyes.

"Char? What the fuck are you doing? We have to get home!" Mat exclaimed. I jumped out of the wheelchair, while people kept staring. I glared, and jumped into Mat's nice smelling chest. I heard murmurs of "Is that JeromeASF and BajanCanadian?" or "What?" I ignored half of the sounds and quickly glanced at Jerome jumping into Mitch's arms. Aww, a Merome moment. I snapped back and my eyes blurbed at such sudden movement. I heard the siren of the cop cars, and I started to breathe heavily. I didn't really have time to process what was happening. Mat shoved me in the trunk of Jerome's car, as with Jerome. Mat, Mitch and Preston hopped into the car, Mitch sliding in the back seat to open the little hatch thingy for air.

"Are you guys okay?" The car sped up.

"Yeah, it's not like we didn't just get thrown in a trunk of my own car." Jerome replied. We were going so fast, that I felt my eyes start to water. I felt the tears flooding out, and Mitch threw me his phone. I dialed my Mom's phone number. I sucked up my snot and wiped my eyes.

"Charlotte! Honey! I've missed you!" She exclaimed.

"Mom," I choked out. "I miss you!" I sobbed. "Jerome, Preston, Mitch, Ariel, Danielle, Mat and I are all going to get arrested! It's all my fault!"

"Honey, who is Ariel?" She asked. " And where is Maya?"

"Ariel is a new friend, Mom. Maya left us because I was being a bitch in the hospital."

"What? What happened, sweetheart? Steven and I were on a cruise for 2 months and just got back."

"Shay!" Steven exclaimed. Ugh. My stepfather, aka the devil.

"What, Steven?"

"Where is the toilet paper?"

"Under the sink!" she sighed. "Now tell me, what happened?" I still heard the small sirens from behind me, and I started to sob.

"Well, later mom." I sobbed. "I'll tell you later."

*

I kept sobbing, and held my head in my hands. The clothes on my body were bothering me.

"What you here for?" A familiar voice struck out. I turned.

"Shoplifting and other stuff."

Not only then could I memorize that face.

Natalie Carleton?