Chapter 1

"Lottie, get up! I want breakfast!" Jerome slapped me with a pillow, clearly shirtless, his bare skin looking very silky and smooth. I tried not to stare, but that was an epic fail.

Let me properly introduce myself. My name is Charlotte Dyke, I'm nineteen, and I'm in love with my best friend, Jerome. I have been ever since my eighth grade year. And I haven't given up on my stupid crush just yet.

He rolled me over and laid down with me. I giggled and faced him, feeling happy that he was in such a close proximity to me. I loved it, and I loved the feeling. I wanted him to be this close to me always.

"Well shit, Jerome. You're a man, make it yourself." We both started to laugh.

"Lottie, but Jerome the epic cannot achieve such delish pancakes, dear. Get dressed." He got up, gave a cute smile and a wink, and then walked out. I wish the wink was a romantic gesture, but I knew deep down it wasn't. And that stung.

I'd never have him to love, to hold, to care for. See, Jerome was 'taking a break' from dating and all romantic endeavors until he gets his life all figured out. At least that's what he told me and our friends, Mitch and Danielle.

I got dressed in one of Jerome's shirts, and some Nike sweatpants. Finally leaving my room, I walked down the long hallway, and descended the steps. Before I went to go hang out with Jerome, I got some coffee, which was my favorite.

As the coffee made itself, I started to reminisce about Jerome and I. We were great friends as kids, and since we've grown up, turned into best friends. We always liked to play around with each other, saying things like, 'hey baby' in a playful matter, completely not seriously. It was around the age of thirteen I started liking him in a different way. I just wish he knew how I feel about him so that we could turn into something more.

"Making coffee?" Jerome walked into the kitchen, glancing at my choice of outfit and chuckling to himself. I picked the mug up a little too fast and it spilled on the counter.

"Uh, yeah. But my coffee kinda spilled." I looked at him, laughing. "Sorry, I'll clean it."

"All fine. I do it all the time." I grabbed some paper towels and started to wipe the counter down.

"After you're done, can I show you something?" I nodded, and once I was finished, I threw the towels away and Jerome took my hand, leading me to his computer. My heart raced, and I mentally scolded myself. Stop, I thought. He's your friend and that's it, okay? "Remember when I tweeted that thing about us going clubbing a few nights ago? Well, they said some really rude things, Lottie. Really rude." I looked at the monitor, and read the disgusting tweets. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to get so much hate for it. The fans just don't like me with girls."

"All good, J." Although I said it was okay, it hurt so much deep down. I walked back into the kitchen, grabbed my mug, and went back into my room, feeling down.

A/N: Hey doods! Hope you liked the first chappy! I'm sorry if there is any mistakes, I was rushing and it's 1 am here, and I have some important stuff to do today!

(a/n 12/26/16: reading back on this story, i am just realizing it is garbage lmfao ignore all the mistakes)

(a/n 1/6/18: BIG ASS YIKES i'm rewriting this)