Chapter 21 - Job Offer?

"What?!" I spoke. Everyone was looking at me. I gulped, and he motioned for me to come with him.

*

"Miss Dyke."

"Hi."

"I bet you are wondering what you are here for." He smiled.

"Yes. I just got bailed, so I am really confused about what is going on."

"Well. We saw you the other day when you were at Aeropostale with your friends–" I stopped him.

"You were stalking me?" I was shocked. I mean, he saw me kind of commit a crime?

"No, no. Someone else was at Aeropostale and we had to watch over them. But we think you would be a perfect Social Security worker." he smiled.

"Thank you." I returned the smile, and started out of the room. I walked down the narrow hallway and just started to think. What if I took this job? What will my mom and friends think of me if I was a Social Security worker? I stopped at the door. Do the math, Lottie. Four years of college to get a degree that I don't know shit about, plus getting work attire, plus having to barely be home anytime equals no.

I can't take the job. YouTube is my job. I know it can't support me fully, but its as much as I can get.

*

I ran my fingers over them. They represent me, like a part of my personality. I kiss my wrist, my cast got sawed off and I took the blade, and I did it. I pulled it deep into my skin.

Why did I do this?