Chapter 18 - Criss-cross Applesauce

I got pushed into the house, and carried upstairs by Mat. It would be romantic-er if it was Jerome, but too bad he broke his leg and arm. But nonetheless, being carried upstairs was too fun. I pushed Mat's neck playfully, and he almost fell and dropped me.

"Lottie!" he laughed. "You're gonna make me break a bone!"

"Too bad, loser." I smirked. I kept pushing his arm and neck until he finally got to the top of the stairs and walked into my room to help me pack.

"So Vegas, huh?" He asked, folding my clothes and setting them in the pink suitcase where my camping stuff once was.

"Yeah. 'Team Crafted needs to have another meet up', Adam said." I twiddled my thumbs. "Another meet up my ass." I looked at Mat, who looked at me, and held up some lace panties and a bra that didn't match. I sat upright and snatched it from him, and he sighed.

"They're supposed to match." I said, using that handy wheelchair that they gave me. I pulled open the wheelchair and sat and then moved towards the dresser. "Pink and green don't match." I pulled a black bra from the mix, and held the undergarments up. "Pink and black, not pink and green." I set them nicely in the suitcase, and I heard him say something.

"What?" I asked, turning to him.

"Oh, nothing. He scratched his neck and turned to my Ramones shirt.

*

Minutes later, I sat atop of the pink suitcase, criss-cross applesauce while Mat zipped it up. So far, he wasn't doing so well.

"Jesus Christ!" I screamed, and I pushed him aside so he could sit on the suitcase and I could zip it. One easy motion, and I was done. "Simple." I said. He hopped off of the suitcase and soon Mitch came up to carry the suitcase down.

"So Mat," I said, holding my hands around his neck so I wouldn't fall. "How about Maya?"

"What about her?" he asked, adjusting his grip on me. "She's nice, funny, sweet, pretty–" I cut him off.

"So you like her?"

"I think." He shrugged. "But she's my friend. And if we did date, and broke up, our friendship would be over." He walked through the kitchen, where Ariel and Danielle were chatting noisily, making dinner. They waved, and we finished up in the living room, where Jerome, Preston, and Mitch were watching the Browns versus the Steelers, in a intense match of football. They glanced at us, and Jerome looked pissed at Mat and I.

"Whaddup losers?" Mat set me down by Jerome, and I cuddled up close to him. Mat sat in between Preston and Mitch, squeezing all of us on the couch. They all murmured 'nothing much' or 'be quiet, the game's on'.

"Guys! Let's go to the mall! I have to buy some shirt from Aero, so like, let's go!" I motioned towards the door, and everyone nodded.

"Okay, Lolttie, that's a door, we know." He watched the game quietly, and then screamed out 'NO!'.

"I don't know, Lottie." Mitch said. "Maybe after the game."

So I sat back, cuddled into Jerome watching Brandon Weedon block the ball from Troy Polamalu.