Chapter 6 - Good Inmate, Bad Inmate

I shivered. The fact that all of us girls were only wearing tank tops, you'd think we'd be cold.

"Off the grid? We can't be!" Mitch shouted. "We're not far from town!" He said, holding the guy down. "You're free, only this time."

"Let's just go home." I suggested. Everyone nodded. "Since we can't see the cars, I'm pairing all of us up, in case we get lost. You all have your cellphones?" They all took them out of our pockets. "Good. Aria and Preston. Danielle and Mitch. Jerome and I, and Maya and Mat. We meet back at Dani's car when we find it, okay?" They nodded, and Jerome and I headed off.

"Lottie?"

"Yes?"

"What are we? Friends with benefits? Boyfriend and Girlfriend? Good Inmate, Bad Inmate?" Jerome said. I chuckled at the last one.

"I don't know. What do you want us to be?"

"Good Inmate, Bad Inmate."

"Give Ryan a quick call on Skype, because we need Warden Freeman." I laughed. He stopped me, and kissed me out of nowhere. I kissed back, and his tongue licked my bottom lip for an entrance. I denied, resulting in him pinching my ass. I gasped, and his tongue slid in. We both pulled away, staring at eachother. "Dirty Inmate, Clean Inmate?" I suggested. He nodded and I smiled.

"Remember when we were playing in the pool when we were 10 and we invited McKenna and Diego over for a water fight, and ended up getting in trouble for climbing over the fences and throwing water balloons at Husky?" Jerome said. I thought back to that moment.

"Husky! Husky! Come here boy!" I called for Mrs. Hudson's dog, and I sat up on the top of the fence with McKenna, Jerome, and Diego. I threw water balloons at the dog and it ran away. We started throwing water balloons at each other, and I fell off of the fence and broke my arm.

"That was a painful day for me, biggums." I said. "On the bright side, I did get a pink cast. Remember senior year when Dani, Mitch, and you and I pranked Mr. Donovan?"

"Yeah. I'll never forget that."

"Well, well, what do we have here? Miss Freida and Miss Dyke. What have you done today, girls?"

"I rolled the bushes in toilet paper."

"And I punched someone, so yeah." I said.

"Same old, same old, Miss Dyke. Detention, 5 days." Mr. Donovan said. "And for you, Miss Frieda, 5 days as well." 

"Welp, seems pretty normal." I said, that was the signal for Jerome and Mitch to come in and object.

"She did not, Mr. Donovan! I TP'ed the bushes!" Mitch came running in and said.

"Mr. Hughes, what–"

"And Miss Dyke did not punch someone! I did!" Jerome bursted into the room with a fake wand.

"You're free to go, girls. Boys, let me have a word."

"I never heard the end of it for Mr.Donovan. Those senior days." Jerome said. "We should camp here for the bro's night."

"What about the dudess night?"

"Fine. Let's go back to the dead guy, because I can't see our cars anywhere." We headed off, looking for the dead guy again.