"My chakra." She said feeling her chakra being drained. She needed to think of something. Anything. She felt the kunai being pushed slowly into her stomach. She felt her body growing tired as she felt a suffocating chakra coming from Naruto. She had to help him but she couldn't move.

"Get away from her!" yelled Naruto running on all fours towards the rain ninja that had Rei pinned to the tree. He threw out his hand, slicing the rain ninja in the back with his hands that has started turning into claws.
Rei felt her eyes closed as she glimpsed at Naruto's face. His eyes were red with a catlike pupil, his whiskers had darkened as well. Rei then let the darkness take her.

"Rei it's been two hours wake up already." Naruto said poking Rei's cheek. Rei swatted his hand away.
She mumbled, "go away uzumaki I'm trying to sleep." She said as she turned around. She wondered why her bed was so hard.

Then all of her memories came rushing back.

"Where are those rain ninjas??!" She said jumping up then winced at the pain in her shoulder and side. She looked around, they were in the tower.
"What happen? How did we get here?" She asked her teammates.
Naruto jumped up, hugging Rei. He was worried, and was happy to see that she was okay.
"I'm okay Naruto." She said but hugged him back even though the cut on her shoulder burned a little.
"It's good that you are okay. You had us scared, we thought that rain ninja stabbed you but she didn't get to because Naruto saved you." said Sakura.
Sasuke touched Rei's shoulder and squeezed it. "I'm glad you're okay." He said.
Rei smiled at him. "Since we're in the tower does that mean our scrolls weren't taken?" She asked.
"Yup! We talked to Iruka sensei and everything. You should have seen his face when he saw you passed out. Iruka Sensei is so emotional." Naruto told Rei as he smiled at the memory of Iruka Sensei getting ready to break into tears. "But we passed the second part of the exam Rei."

"We have to wait here till the other teams come in so we have to wait 4 more days." Explained Sasuke.
Rei slumped down against the wall. "4 days for my cuts to heal a little before we find out what we're doing for the the next round."

Kakashi-sensei, The third Hokage, and Anko-sensei were in the watch room of the tower, looking at the team.
"So they were the second ones back to the tower. I'm impressed." said Anko-sensei. "You gotta fine batch of students kakashi!"
Kakashi nodded his head, "I wasn't expecting them to be second but they always surprise me."

The third hokage chuckled. "Jiraiya will be proud to hear that his daughter has made it this far. They are more alike than he'll ever know."
"She always say she wants to be just like the legendary sanin, Jiraiya. If only she knew the truth behind those words. It'll be soon that she will find out. Now that he's coming back to the village in a couple of weeks to give you the report on the Akautski." stated Kakashi as he peered at his team one more time.

The third Hokage turned his back from the screen. "I find it interesting that the Uchiha is warming his heart towards his team. I take it that putting him on the same team as the other three was a good idea." He said as he started walking away. "Let me know when the other teams start arriving Anko."

"How do you think the girl is going to take it when she finds out she actually do have family out there?" Anko asked Kakashi when the hokage left.

"Hmm. Good question. She probably might pass out from happiness." Kakashi answered thinking of the girl's reaction.

Anko laughed. "Yeah I can picture that from the little spit fire."

"Thanks for saving me Naruto." She said as she laid her head in Naruto's lap and poked at his cheek. It was their third day at the tower. She haven't seen any of the other leaf ninjas yet.
"Don't thank me for something like that you dobe." Naruto said grinning as he pulled on Rei's hair softly. Rei turned head towards her other teammates. "I'll bake cookies for us once we're out of here." She said smiling up at her teammates.

"Can my team have cookies too?" said Choji popping up out of nowhere.
Rei jumped up and ran to Choji. "Choji!!!!" She said throwing her arms around the ninja. "I missed ya buddy!!"
"It's only been 3 days Rei" choji said blushing.
She replied letting him go, "3 days too long." He smiled at her.

"Hey. Do Ino and I get a welcome like that?" asked Shikamru walking up with Ino.
Ino smirked, "Shikamaru meant himself." Rei blushed and rubbed her arm.
"Come on Ino, bring it in!" Rei said opening her arms and walking towards Ino. Ino ran behind Shikamaru. "Calm your woman Shikamaru!" She said teasing her teammate.

Shikamaru rolled his eyes. "She's my friend, be quiet Ino." He put his hands together into a sign.
"Shadow projection jutsu." His shadow protruded from under him and claimed Rei's shadow. "You happy" he said to Ino.

"No fair Shikamaru, you're suppose to be on my side!" Whined Rei as she tried to squirm out the jutsu.
Naruto ran over towards Shikamaru and stuck his finger into Shikamaru's ear. "You dobe, that's disgusting." Shikamaru said as he released the jutsu and rubbed at his ear.
Ino punched Naruto. "You cheat." She said.

"No cookies for your team except Choji." Said Rei as she winked at Choji.
"You're so troublesome." Replied Shikamaru. "I'll come over and get those cookies."
Rei remembered, "congrats by the way. Your team made it to the tower too. We made it on day 1." She said proudly.
"Awesome! I bet it was because of Sasuke!" Stated Ino with hearts in her eyes.
Sakura rolled her eyes. Sasuke walked up over to the group. "No it was because of all of us. Rei did save our butts the first time though." He said

Rei showed off her muscles to everyone, or what she thought was muscles. "Yup. These babies saved the day." Shikamaru grabbed her arm, and looked at it closely. "Fresh cut. What happen?" He asked letting go of her arm, and looked at her. Rei lowered her eyes but Shikamaru caught the dejected look. She raised her eyes back, smiling. "Just a new battle scar to show how brave I am ya know!" She said moving away to stand next to Sasuke. She didn't want him to know how that rain ninja tried to end her. Her pride still hurt from the words the rain ninja had said.

"Tch. We'll talk later." He said. Turning around, throwing his hand.
Rei knew he saw through her facade. He always do. Rei watched as he walked away. Sasuke watched Rei, he could tell she was putting a front on too.
Ino and Choji waved at team 7 and ran off to follow Shikamaru.
"So what kind of cookies should I bake when we're out of here?" Rei said turning to her teammates.

The last 2 days flew by quickly as team 7 rest and restored their energy. They were now standing in the battle arena, listening to the Hokage talk about how it was still too many competitors, and they will have a battle disqualification match. The Hokage then left, and some Chunin was explaining the rules. Rei wasn't listening, she had noticed that the rain ninja was still in the competition too. Rei kept repeating her words in her head. Nothing but a weakling. Was Rei weak? She couldn't defeat the rain ninja but that didn't make her weak. She trained too hard to be called weak. She'll prove the rain ninja. She wasn't weak. Rei flew out of her thoughts as she felt hand on her shoulder. "The matches are about to start. We have to move off the floor" Shikamaru said, "and Relax. You're troublesome but strong. Stop worrying." He said as he let go of her shoulder and grabbed her hand, pulling her towards the stairs.

Rei watched Shikamaru as he led her towards the stairs. She waited till they got to the top and threw her arms around him. "Thank you Shikamaru.", she said softly.
Shikamaru was shocked at first then he smiled, hugging her back.

"No PDA in the battle arena!!" Shouted Ino and Sakura.
Rei let go of Shikamaru and ran towards them yelling, "I'll show you no PDA!!" She said putting her fist up at them.
Shikamaru put his hands in his pockets, looking at the scene. "Troublesome." He said shaking his head.