"F/N! I've been so worried about you. Thank you officer." My father said. He placed his hand on a shoulder and gave me a squeeze that meant You better behave.

"My pleasure Mr. L/N." The cop says. "I'll be back to check in a few days." My father's smile faltered, but quickly returned. I'm sure the cop didn't see it.

"We'll be expecting you. F/N. Why don't you get ready for dinner?" Father said. I nodded and left to go to my room. I hear him exchange a few words with the cop before the cop leaves. Once I hear the door close, i feel a new wave a terror. I hear my father stomp up the stairs. He bursts into my room.

"YOU LITTLE SHIT!! YOU DUMB FUCK-" he yells

"I DID WHAT YOU TOLD ME TO DO!! I LEFT!!" I yell back.

"NO SHIT!! YOU LEAVING MEANS I DON'T GET MY MONEY!! YOU'RE EIGHTEEN!! GET A JOB YOU FUCKING FREELOADER!! DONT COME BACK TILL YOU DO AND I SWEAR IF YOU RUN AWAY, I WILL MAKE YOU FEEL SO MUCH PAIN YOU'LL WISH YOU DIED!!" He shouts. He stomps out of my room.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

"I got it Mrs. McHugh." I said as the old lady, who is my employer, was picking up a box.

"Thank you Sweetie." She smiled sweetly. I picked up the box of books.

"Where do you want it?" I asked.

"Right there. I have to place the new shipment in."

"Yes ma'am." I place the box.

"I think that we won't have any more customers. You can head home. You must have an exciting teenage night ahead of you."

"No. I actually don't."

"Ahh I see. You're like me than. See that picture right there." She pointed to a young girl with extremely curly, brown hair. Her eyes where green and she wore jeans and a tee shirt. The girl was smiling and holding a book. "That's me. I was never the life of the party. I'd rather be reading."

"Heh. I know that feeling. I can put the books away."

"Thank you Sweetie. I'll be in the back if you need me." I nodded as the old lady hobbled her way to the back. She was a woman of shorter size and lots of smile wrinkles. I always got books here. She owned a small bookstore, which was the only in town. Our town, Water Lily, wasn't big, but enough for me. Mrs. McHugh always lived here. She's the last of her family. Her sister lived to a long age, while her brother died of heart attack. She had a sweet husband, who's name was Jimmy Novak, I believe. He took her name. Her sister and her had insisted on keeping their maiden names. Mrs. McHugh was more of a tomboyish girl in her youth. She always seemed to have a smile plastered on her face.

I heard her come back as I placed the last book on the shelf. "Sweetie, do you want some hot chocolate and cookies. Made them earlier." She said. I turned to face her. The hot chocolate had lots of whipped cream and marshmallows. The cookies where blue chocolate chip.

"Yes please." I walked over and we ate and talked.

"Why are the cookies blue?" I asked.

"Percy Jackson. I love the series. It's a bit of a joke my husband and I have." She said.

"I haven't read it yet. I want to." I said.

"See that bookshelf. It has the series. Take the first one. If you like it, you can keep it and get another."

"I couldn't do that. I would feel bad."

"Nonsense. It can give you a bit of light in the darkness." She smiled like what she hadn't said was unimportant.

"Thank you."

"I see what you have trouble with. I've noticed scars on your stomach. You can talk to me, Sweetie, I know what it's like." I was shocked to say the least.

"H-How-"

"An old lady knows. Stay here." She left. After a minute she returned with a few Sharpie markers.

"What color?" She asked.

"F/C." I said.

"Thought so." She took out the marker. "Draw a butterfly where you want to cut yourself."

"I-I don't-"

"I know you do. Don't worry. I'll take the secret to my grave, which many be soon for my age. Draw the butterfly. You can't cut yourself without killing the butterfly."

"That's smart."

"Not my own trick, but works as if it was mine." Mrs. McHugh took the markers back. I drew a simple butterfly on my stomach. She was right. I can't couldn't cut it without killing the butterfly. She comes back out of the back room. I hug her. She hugs back.

"What's all this for?" She smiles.

"Thank you. I have someone who cares." I say.

"Of course. Now, let's finish up. You can read that book faster."

"Actually, can I stay later? No ones home." I can tell she doesn't believe me.

"You can lock up. My husband made dinner tonight if you want any."

"That sounds great." She lets go.

"We'll have it here tonight" She smiles and leaves. I finish restocking the store and cleaning up. Mr. McHugh comes in with a bag.

"Hello F/N." He says, tipping his newsboy cap.

"Hello Mr. McHugh." I say.

"Call me Jimmy." He smiles. He places his hat on the hat rack. Mrs. McHugh likes it when people take off their hats inside.

"Hello." Mrs. McHugh comes out of the back. She kisses Mr. McHugh and takes the bag from him.

"Come on dearie." He says to me. We head in the back where Mrs. McHugh had made a big enough, makeshift table in the back with three chairs around it. The store didn't have big tables in the back, so she stacked books up and placed a board on top to make the table. She opens the bag and places the dinner out.

"Come on. It's ready"

Hey You!

Yes you! The one reading this right now. Have you been reading this and thought 'needs more fluff' or something of that nature. Well, comment down below what you want to see! I greatly accept the feedback!

Bye turtles!