A walk in the park

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
Key:

F/N: First name.
F/C: Favorite color.
S/F/C: Second favorite color.
F/Bo: Favorite book.
F/Ba: Favorite band.
S/C: Skin color.
l/o/s: long or short
H/C: hair color.

More will be added as the story goes along.
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

I was released from the hospital. Aaron let me stay with him. I only missed a day of school, which Aaron helped me with. I asked him where his parents where.

"My mom is on a long business trip. It has to go longer. She told me while you where at the hospital. I asked her if you could stay here, for now. She said that it was fine." He said. He didn't say anything about his father, so I didn't push.

"She sounds nice. I don't want to intrude." I say.

"No problem. You're welcomed here."

"Thanks Aaron. I owe you."

"You don't owe me anything."

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

The doctor said that I have to be really careful. My stitches could reopen. They'll fall out on their own. Thankfully, they didn't have to cut my hair to give me the stitches. I put a headband to cover them up. I meet Aaron downstairs for breakfast. It's my first day back.

"Want any breakfast?" He asks.

"Yeah. Do you have any pancake mix?" I ask.

"Um.. No. I'm not the best with cooking."

"Mind if I look in the cabinets? You might have everything."

"Go ahead." I look and he does. I measure the  flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, milk and butter. I crack open eggs and mix it all in a bowl.

"Do you have chocolate chips or blueberries. I could add them. Even bananas would do." I say.

"I have blueberries." He says. He gets them out and hands them to me.

"Thank you." I take a cup of them and stir them in. I pour the batter on the pan and make up a few for him and me. I finish them, with little mess, and serve them.

"Easy." I smile.

"That was easy? Jeez. What's hard?" He say, joking.

"I don't make it if it's hard to make. Easy enough." He and I eat them. He applauds me after finishing.

"Bravo." He says. I get up and do a small bow.

"Why, thank you good sir." I say. We both laugh. After the breakfast is cleaned up and we're ready to go, we leave the house. I walk a bit faster as we pass my house. Aaron notices.

"It's ok. I'll protect you." He smiles.

"Thanks." I return it. We head into school and get ready. He doesn't leave my side until he has no choice.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

We start to get ready to leave, when Aaron asks me a question.

"Do you want to go to the park tonight?"

"Sure. For what reason?" I ask.

"Since you're opening up to me, I'm going to open up to you."

"What is it?"

"A surprise." I roll my eyes and hold back a laugh, which results in a wavering smile I'm trying to stop.

"Come on. Tell me."