Salute!

Applaud this teen for speaking her mind out!

And its the truth actually. Adults think that we are dumb, we don't know anything, we are too inexperienced, and we are rude, shameless and insolent.

Excuse me?

Each and every teen is influenced in their own way by what's happening around them. And we're not as dumb as adults think. We also have brains that are of the same size like adults.

Like the writer, I'm 16 and a student, like my friends. Adults say that this is the most 'susceptible and sensitive' time for teens. They need to be nurtured with care and all that schmuck.

Well, we have been practically growing up with gory images of war, bloodshed in the Middle East and so on ever since we were kids. We don't turn off the TV or run away when we see the aftermath of a terrorist attack cause we've been seeing those images ever since we were kids.

That's the actual explanation for our cynicism, insensitivity and pessimism we possess—angry because we have to clean up the mess adults are making for no fault of ours and we do not need a slew of articles to be written about our thoughts. Angry because inspite of being expected to behave like adults, we are treated as children and held in contempt.

I just want to sign off by saying, do not treat us as weirdos, simply respect us and our opinions. Just treat us with dignity, if nothing else.

-Aydin.