Mission: Rescue The Kazekage!

Start from the beginning

Kylie flicked his ear. "Be nice!" She scolded. She turned back to me. "And get ready!" And after shoving Mitchell out of the doorway, she shut the door behind her.

I sighed, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. Who cares if we had a mission? Kakashi-sensei wouldn't be there early, anyway. Two years later, and he's still a lazy ass.

Sighing again, I unwrapped the covers from around me, standing up out of my bed sluggishly. About two seconds later, I ended up tripping over a random object on the floor and falling flat on my butt.

"DAMNIT!" I cursed loudly, picking up my lamp to beat the object that had tripped me senseless. I paused, however, when I saw that it was my own bag. My fault... Whoops.

I put my lamp pack on my night table, sighing, and crawled over to my bag. I started putting objects that had fallen out into it. When I reached the last loose item, however, I raised an eyebrow. It was the box of the necklace Tobi, or Madara, gave me, except...

Except it didn't have the necklace in it anymore.

And that was not only weird, but very bad. If what Itachi told me was true, then that necklace was a powerful artifact. And if it was gone... Oh, crap.

I quickly shoved the box into my bag, closing it securely this time. I got up, taking a five minute shower and throwing my clothes on. I picked up the twin swords Kakashi-sensei had gotten me, deciding to bring them as well as my usual weapons. I still hadn't used them, but maybe this mission would change that.

I heard Kylie yelling at Mitchell for God knows what, and Naruto adding in a 'Believe it!' here and there. At least I knew they were entertaining themselves.

Quickly and quietly, I ran from my room to Ryuu's room, not even bothering to knock. When I entered, I saw Ryuu seated on his bed, putting on his shoes. He wore his black pants, but sadly, he had no shirt on.

"Did you suddenly forget how to knock?" He inquired boredly.

"Possibly," I answered, smiling at him. 

He rolled his eyes, returning to putting on his shoes. "What's wrong? You obviously didn't interrupt my entire morning just to look at me."

"Right," I began, "I had a question. Do you remember that necklace Tobi gave me?"

"Yeah? What about it?" He asked, strapping his shoes on securely.

"Just how important was it?" I inquired.

"Well, it's an ancient artifact that dates back to our ancestor Akira's time. It's extremely powerful, infused with loads of chakra. No one knows what it can do, but it's very important," He answered, standing up. "Why?"

I began feeling like a deflated balloon. The amulet was really that important? And I had lost it... Oh, crap.

"Oh, nothing... Just curious," I answered innocently, averting my gaze. Telling Ryuu wouldn't turn out good. He'd probably flip out on me for losing something that powerful. "Wow... Is someone calling me? Looks like I gotta run! BYE!"