Wolf grunts and opens the back door before he takes Avlee from me hooking her into the car. "Ford was thinking about visiting." Wolf states when he gets into the drivers seat.

"When?" I ask excitedly missing them already. I talk to them over the phone all of the time but face time is a lot better.

"He was thinking spring break next month."

"That would be awesome. I miss them and I am sure Marissa and James are getting so big."

"Ford says they ask to see us all of the time." I snort because Marissa is a spoiled little thing. In my face she acts like she doesn't like me but when I left I guess she was asking where I was.

"We should call them tonight."

.

"Isn't that your friend?" Wolf asks curiously bouncing his body to amuse Avlee. He has her in the little camo harness and she is loving it.

I follow his line of sight and smile when I see Layla, she's facing our way talking and laughing with some people sitting on a bench. I can't see the person though because the tall plants are blocking them from my view. Layla and Wolf have only met once and that was because she had come over to the house so that we could do her invitations. They only got to say Hi though because Wolf was running out of the door for work. "That is her."

"Do you wanna go say Hi?" Wolf asks liking that I have some friends even if her house is the place that I saw Trent. Wolf suggested that I not go over there any more and I agreed whole heartily.

"Sure." I shrug taking his hand so we don't loose each other in the crowd. "Layla!" I shout over the noise waving my hand wildly.

Layla looks up confused and smiles brightly when she sees me. All of a sudden though her smile falls and her eyes widen. She starts shaking her head at me low key confusing me all the more. Confused I just keep walking toward her. I don't know why she is telling me not to come over to me.

"Braylee." she says forced her eyes shooting down to the bench. She pulls me into a hug and whispers "Trent is on the bench." In my ear.

My eyes widen largely and I pull back from her "Layla." Wolf greets in his gruff voice.

"Wolf hey." Layla says a little to enthusiastically alerting him that there is something wrong.

"Welp, it was lovely seeing you but we need to get some grub." Layla gives me a forced smile and I nod at her.

"We just ate." Wolf says confused looking down at me. I palm my forehead with a sigh confusing him all the more. "Are you okay cupcake?"

"Hello Braylee." Dillion says coming to a rise off of the bench.

"Dillion Hi." I say clipped just wanting to get out of there.

"Who's this?" He asks motioning to Wolf.

"This is her husband Wolf I've been telling you about him." Layla says watching Dillion closely.

"Husband?" A new voice asks and I groan coming to a stand in front of Wolf. With his hand not holding Avlee he places it on my hip.

"What is wrong Cupcake?" he asks feeling my anxiety. His eyes shoot through each and every one of them looking for a threat.

"Nothing it's just time for us to go." I say taking a step back only Wolf doesn't move so I run into the back of Avlee.

"Do you not want to talk to your friends."

"Layla's my friend." I state seriously "and she has to go also."

"We just got here." Dillion and Trent state at the same time making me want to choke them.

"Who are they then?" Wolf asks curiously looking the boys over.

"Hey man i'm Dillion." Dillion says giving him a nod and then Trent just had to go and open his mouth "I'm Trent."

Wolf's hand on my waist tightens when he hears Trent's name. "Trent?!" Wolf asks with venom leaking off of the name "The Trent?"

"Wolf." I whisper turning around to him.

"Why didn't you tell me that was him?!" he asks me in a shout causing me to flinch.

Gently I plead "Baby just calm down." Wolf takes a step and I wrap my arms around his waist. "You have Avlee." I remind him and he grunts taking her out of the harness. He hands her to me and I shake my head refusing to take her. If he has her maybe he will calm down.

"Take her." He demands loosing his patience.

"Wolf don't do anything stupid." Layla pleads just as desperate as I am.

I take Avlee from him and he steps around me. I turn just in time to see Wolf's fist connect with Trent's face. The crunch of his nose breaking disgusts me causing me to gag. Trent falls to the floor unconscious as Wolf stands over him shaking the pain from his hand.

Trent isn't nearly as buff as Wolf nor as tall and it is no surprise that Wolf knocked him out with the first punch. My man is strong, it's a fact!

"Dude!" Dillion says impressed looking down at his best friend on the floor. His eyes are wide as he looks upon his gushing nose. "You just KO'd him!"

"Dilllion." Layla scolds crouching down beside Trent she feels for his pulse and stands with a shrug stating "He'll survive."

"Wolf." I say disappointedly when I hear the jingling of keys and the running of boots coming our way.  

Wolf doesn't look affected at all as he kisses me on the forehead. "I'm going to protect you and our girl no matter the cost."