Chapter Thirty Nine

Illiressa's POV-

"Goodbye, I'll see you later!" Legolas calls to me, after a long day of spending time with him. We ran around like elflings, and played pranks on some people we didn't even know. Afterwards, we just sat down, and talked about our hobbies, and it turns out we have SO much in common!

"Bye Legolas!" I wave, before turning, and knocking into a wall. Damn, I should really pay attention to where I was walking! I head up to the room I was staying in, and let out a happy squeal. I think Legolas likes me! I might have an actual chance with a guy! This might prove Nahriel wrong!

I get dressed into my night gown, and I crash down into bed. My face lands on the pillow, and I immediately fall asleep...

"Mummy?" I call out, looking around. I look up, and the world around me is made up of colorful flowers. Two strong arms lift me up, and I look into my mother's blue grey eyes. She laughs, and swings me around. I let out a small giggle, before shrieking with horror. "M-mommy?"

"Hello, dear!" A horrible decomposed face looks into my eyes. I struggle to get out of her grasp.

"Let me go!"

"But dont your love me?" She whispers, tears filling her bloody eyes.
"Yes, but you're dead!" She lets out a shriek.

"How could you?!" She lets out a long wait, and she starts melting in a pool of her own flesh and blood. The blood starts rising, and I start to cry. I couldn't swim at all. I let out a gasp of breath, before I am swallowed in a mass of red, sticky darkness.

I wake in a cold sweat. It is still dark, and I can here singing. It is coming from a horse stable. I open my window, and a cold gust of wind hits me straight in the face. I step away from the window, and I pull on a cloak over my nightgown. I sit on the window sill, and swing my legs over the ledge. I carefully climb Down the tower wall, before dropping on the ground. I run across the field, to the stables, before slowing my run down to a walk, I peer into the stable, and smile. Legolas sings a tune.

"I didn't know you sang." Legolas jerks his head up.

"What? Oh hey, Illiressa!" He blushes. "I sing sometimes..."

"I think it's cool."

"Really? Thanks!"

"Can you sing me a song?"

"It would be an honor to do so, my fair lady!"

He clears his throat.

" Somebody stepped inside your soul
Somebody stepped inside your soul
Little by little they robbed and stole
Till someone else was in control

You think it's easier
To put your finger on the trouble
When the trouble is you
And you think it's easier
To know your own tricks
Well, it's the hardest thing you'll ever do

I have a will for survival
So you can hurt me
And then hurt me some more
I can live with denial
But you're not my troubles anymore

Somebody stepped inside your soul
Little by little they robbed and stole
Till someone else was in control

You think it's easier
To put your finger on the trouble
When the trouble is you
And you think it's easier
To know your own tricks
Well, it's the hardest thing you'll ever do

I have a will for survival
So you can hurt me
And then hurt me some more
I can live with denial
But you're not my troubles anymore

Somebody stepped inside your soul
Little by little they robbed and stole
Till someone else was in control

Somebody stepped inside your soul
Little by little they robbed and stole
Till someone else was in control

You think it's easier
To give up on the trouble
If the trouble is destroying you
You think it's easier
But before you throw me a rope
It was the one thing I could hold on to

I have a will for survival
So you can hurt me
And then hurt me some more
I can live with denial
But you're not my troubles anymore

Somebody stepped inside your soul
Little by little they robbed and stole
Till someone else was in control

Somebody stepped inside your soul
Little by little they robbed and stole
Till someone else was in control

God knows it's not easy
Taking on the shape of someone else's pain
God, now you can see me
I'm naked and I'm not afraid
My body's sacred and I'm not ashamed

Somebody stepped inside your soul
Little by little they robbed and stole
Till someone else was in control

Somebody stepped inside your soul
Little by little they robbed and stole
Till someone else was in control..." He takes a bow, after the ends the song.

"That was beautiful..." I whisper, in awe. He gets up, and takes my hand.

"Let's dance," he whispers. I get up, and he places his one hand in mine, and the other on my waist. I place my free hand on his shoulder. We waltz around, and the whole time, we look into each other' eyes.

He hums the song again, and I am swept away. His nose touches mine, and we are so close now. I want to cry out with happiness. He lets go of my hand, and places his hands on my waist. I feel tears come in my eyes, when I think back to my dream. His lips are millimeters away from mine now. I feel them brush against mine, and he then presses them against mine. I feel his nose press against mine. Everything about the kiss is magical. I let him do his work, because I have never kissed anyone, and I don't want to embarrass myself. He places his hands around my neck. I start to panic. Was he trying to choke me?! But, he moves his hands to trace the outline of my neck. I shiver. Then he moves his hands into my hair. Was this what you were supposed to? Did I have to contribute to this moment?

I place my hands on his head, and pat it. Just keep patting, Illiressa. It'll be totally fine. This is natural.
He pulls away, and looks at me strange. Shoot, what did I do wrong?! "Were you running out of oxygen?"

"What?"

"Did you need to catch your breath? Why were you patting my head?"

"Sorry... I've never kissed anyone before..."

"Really?" He looks pleased. "Neither have I!"

"But what about all the Elleths back home?"

"Pfft. They throw themselves at me. I simply had to oblige."

"Oh.. I see."

"Yeah... This is kind of awkward.. Um... want to talk about something different?"

"Sure. What's your favorite color?"

"Orange," Legolas says.

"Oh cool! I love orange is my favorite color too!" I exclaim.

"Do you want to go no a walk?" He gets up.

"Nah, I feel really tiered."

"Do you want to stay here?" He lays down in some straw.

"Sure, why not?" He pats the ground next to him. I lie down next to him, and he pulls me close to him, making it so that my head rests on his chest. I close my eyes.

"Goodnight Illiressa.." He murmurs into my hair. I smile.

"Sweet dreams, Legolas!" Then, I sleep.

*************

Hey guys! One more chapter, and this book is done! I will have an Epilouge written soon! I will try updating every Friday!