CHAPTER 25.

Liam's P.O.V.

Song: Alive by Sia.

................................

I see black everywhere I look. I hear the soft play of the wind and sound of grass but I can't see it. It's like the moon and sun are just gone. Disappeared. All I can trust is my other senses.

That is until I hear a soft voice. Whispering for me to follow. There's something familiar about the sound but it's like my mind won't allow for me to recognize. My legs start towards the voice, even though I can't see it. I hear the voice. I can feel it.

It feels as if I'm walking on wet grass. As if it just rained and the after-effects are still here. I smell the fresh nature smell while my feet move to the front. I notice a small light far in front of me. As I get closer it gets brighter and a figure makes visible inside the light.

I feel a tingling feeling in my stomach. The excitement begins taking over my body and I don't know why. I just want to get to that person. To him.

My legs move faster slowly until I'm running like mad. My breaths coming in short gasps and a smile so huge it hurts. Suddenly a light flash appears and temporarily blinds me, causing my eyes to blink rapidly to get rid of the white.

Once my vision is cleared I can finally see. I slow down and almost a few meters away from me stands a boy. A man. My love.

Tears prickle my eyes as I start walking toward him again. His back is faced to me and he's facing what looks like a river. It flows rapidly.

This confuses me. What's a river doing here? I look around and I see trees. Everywhere. Behind me and at my sides. I ran for what felt like miles but the trees aren't that far behind me. This seems to confuse me more as to how I even got here.

My steps falter and small visions enter my memory. I see a car. Something that looks like a house. No, a cabin. The feeling of comfort when I was talking to someone. But how did I end up here?

"Liam." A small whisper enters my mind and pushes all my thoughts right out of my mind and making me think only of that voice.

He now stands facing me with a blank face. This doesn't feel right. I don't want that. I want to see him smile. Laugh. Show me his emotions but not shut me out.

I quicken my steps and more visions flash through my eyes but of him. Our first kiss. Him confessing his love for me. The first time we made love.

Just then I see tears start to stream down his eyes. Going all the way down those cheeks I remember kissing.

"I'm sorry." His words hit me right in the middle of my chest like an arrow. I shake my head and start sprinting towards him like my life depends on it. I run and run but I can't seem to get close enough.

With a small smile gracing his lips he falls backward and into the rapid flow of the river.

I scream but my voice doesn't work. Tears flowing freely down my face I never let up my pace. If anything I quicken it.

I finally reach the river and never hesitate to jump inside. Water envelops my whole body and it's surprisingly warm. The rapid movement of the water makes it hard for me to swim but I keep going. I have to find him. I need to.

I feel my throat starting to give out. I'm running out of breath but something tells me if I go back up I'll never find him. I'd rather drown then lose him.