CHAPTER 24.

Liam's P.O.V.

Song: Too Good by Drake Feat. Rihanna

..................................

The chill air blowing against my skin. My ears getting the cold effect and the hairs on my arms standing up. Standing here by the gas station I still can't believe how fast everything went to shit. Just this morning I was inside an expensive hotel with the boy I love, Jacob.

Next, I visit his family and meet the witch of a mother he has. Running away with my tail tucked snuggly between my legs and Jacob coming back to fetch me. Us getting into a fight and him taking off.

Now me waiting for Roger to come fetch me. How the fuck did all of this happen? I'm not even going to think too much about it. I just need a break from all this family drama. Just then Roger pulls up with his jeep. He's been driving it for as long as I can remember.

"Hey." He greets me with a smug grin on his face.

"Hi, Roger." My voice groggy from not talking much.

"So how much are you worth?" He asks taking out his wallet.

"Excuse me?" I fold my arms in confusion.

"You know. Like how much to get a BJ. Maybe if I pay enough I can get a taste of that sweet ass." He swipes his tongue over his lips and looks straight into my eyes.

"Are you serious? Did you just imply I'm a hooker?" I say disbelievingly.

"Yeah, your right. You are way too vocal to be one. Lucky for you I happen to like it when you-"

"Roger! Get your head out of your ass right now." I say.

"Okay! I'm sorry. Jeez. One would think that you would at least let me flirt if I can't be with you." He says casually but I can hear the vulnerability under it all.

That sentence makes a breath hitch in my throat and my mind clogs up. I felt like a true asshole just then.

"Roger. I'm so-"

"Hey, it's fine. I'm just pulling your leg. Get in before I drive away from your ass." He says with a chuckle.

"You wouldn't. You love my ass too much." I say smugly.

I walk to the passenger side but not before noticing the slight blush on his cheeks and his eyes widen. That should teach him never to make me feel guilty.

Opening the door I climb in and strap myself in. I've never driven with him and judging on how boys high on testosterone drive these days I have the right mindset. I don't intend on dying now.

He starts the car and starts to drive. We fall into silence. I can tell that something is making him agitated and it's kind of working on my nerves.

"Is something wrong?" I ask him curiously.

"Nothing." He says a bit too quickly.

"Really?"

"Well. . . I was wondering why you called me to pick you up at a gas station. I thought you'd be with lover boy." He says the last few words with such disdain.

Just then all the past events come rushing back and Roger's distractions gone. Remembering the whole reason I even called Roger to come fetch me.