CHAPTER 6

Liam's P.O.V

After my weird and slightly aggravating conversation with Melissa last night she just stayed for a while and we surprisingly made small talk. Well if asking if I'm a virgin and if I plan on leaving this world as one because nobody wants to sleep with someone that will cry while we're doing it. If that counts as small talk, then yes we did.

Yet through all of our offensive comments towards each other that night, the only difference and most important was...she smiled.

Whenever I said something equally as snarky back she would laugh, she looks pretty innocent when she laughs.

I pictured a throaty laugh like a giant but it was ladylike. She has once again surprised me with her actions. She was allowing herself to show emotion in front of me and...I think that makes her a little more bearable. She's not my bestie or anything but...she's on the line of bearable and irritating.

When her mom came to fetch her, my mom came stumbling in afterward, and she was fucking smashed. She lied to me, she said she was going to be at work but it turns out they needed a "lady's night out" and made some excuse up so that they could get Melissa to come over and me to not throw a bitch fit, which I never do.

I wake up to the sound of someone puking, and I think I have a good idea who. I walk downstairs towards our bathroom and the doors halfway open. I spot my mom on the ground by the toilet, bearing all of last night's consuming out for the world to see, or for me.

I would like to watch her and bask in what's happening to her for lying to me, but I know I won't last long. She's my mom and I am not some cold heartless bitch that would do that to my mom.

I loft her hair up and rub her back while she pukes her brains out. When she's finally done I get a glass of water and some tablets to help with the headache.

"Thanks, sweety" her voice sounding throaty.

"Its what I'm here for, to help a grown-ass mother recover from a hangover, your such a good example for your son," I say sarcastically.

"Oh shush, from having to endure you for 15 years I think this night is long overdue." Playfulness clear in her voice.

We both stare at each other before we burst out laughing.

"Ouch! Ahhhh my head. Please don't make me laugh." While holding her head.

"Sorry, but you have to admit it's pretty funny."

"Rude, your mother is not a joke." She says with fake seriousness.

"Well then you should not have drunk until you passed out," I say slowly.

"Fine, point made. Now get your ass ready for school and don't think I forgot your fight with your teacher." She says while trying to look serious.

I answer her and go up to my room to get done. I shower in record time because I'll miss my bus, again, so I have to hurry. When I get downstairs she looks at least a bit more presentable and there are coffee and waffles on the table.

I eat and leave the house. When I arrive at school I have to prepare myself for a repeat of yesterday. I hurry to my locker on the lookout for wild assholes on the loose, but don't see any, thank god. I practically fly towards my first class and arrive there safely.

The first few periods fly past and next thing I know its recess. I make my way towards the library for tutoring. I'm one of the student tutors, it pays well and jocks wouldn't be caught dead in one, it's like there kryptonite.

Time speeds past and next thing I know it's the end of school. I never ran into Roger and I'm so thankful for that. I just have to walk out of those doors and ill be home free.