CHAPTER 11

Liam's P.O.V

Anxiety, anger, fear, safety.

All these emotions play inside my head while I stare at the schools' doors. Battling for control of my body. Anxiety for what's to happen if I decide to not chicken out and face Roger head-on. Or more like face to his chest.

Dot even get me started on anger. For the things said asshole did to me. Now that I can think clearly, he deserves more than just a bitch slap. Although I don't know what exactly.

It's not like I'm an expert at punishing people, I don't have a dungeon with tools and shit. Okay, that's taking it too far. The main point is I don't know what would justify what he did.

On to the next emotion. Fear. An emotion that I do not like at all. Being fearful means to acknowledge that someone is superior. I will die before I do that. Yet I still cannot stop it from coming out.

I'm afraid of everything now. Jacob losing his spot on the popular table. For Melissa. But especially for what's to come when I open those doors.

Finally. Safety. It's something that I have never felt outside of my house. But here, sitting in this car with a boy I would never dream of having. Brings nothing but to me.

He makes me feel like I can take on this day if he stands next to. I know that he won't be physically there when this all unravels. He has his own life. But the fact that if everybody stands against me. I have this feeling that he'll stand with me. Protect me. Make me feel safe.

So yes. I'm an emotional wreck right now. But I have to be strong. Look at me going all, Kelly Clarkson. I never thought I'd lived to this day.

I look over to Jacob and he's staring right back at me. Lord knows for how long.

"We can leave right now if you want to." He says with a small smile.

"And deny you the chance in the spotlight for wrecking the badass Rogers face? I'm not that cruel." I say with a chuckle.

"Be serious, I don't care about anything right now but you." He says stroking my cheek the same way as last time.

"You shouldn't worry about me. I'm a grown boy and besides, he's the one that attacked me so he's the one quaking in his knockoffs. Not me." I say waving my hands like a crazy person.

"Don't lie to me, Liam." He says his voice strong.

That just did something to my insides that I like. A lot.

"Okay...I'm a little bit scared. Can you blame me? I mean the guy got away with pretty much anything he did. He could break your arm and yet your somehow to blame."I say sadly.

"He broke your arm?!?!" He says angrily.

"What? No! It's hypothetical." I say quickly.

His grip on the steering wheel tightens to the extent where I can see his veins showing on his hands. His muscles tensing against his sweater.

"He might not have broken your arm. But he still hurt you, and I wasn't there." He says the last part softly.

The sincerity in his voice was enough to tug at my heartstrings and remind me why I feel the way I do about him.

"Don't blame yourself for something you had no control over Jacob. What we do have control of is now. I'm here with you. So let's make the most of it." I say holding his cheek with my hand.

I only met him a couple of weeks ago, but it feels like I've known him since forever. I don't know how he managed to do this to me.

"Your right. Roger isn't going to touch you anymore, because I have control now." He says a grin plastered on his face and staring at me.