CHAPTER 10

Liam's P.O.V

Monday back to school is always the worst. Some people would be too lazy to go get an education. Some just don't like being pushed around. I'm mostly in the latter category. But today I fall under a different one.

Too embarrassed to show their faces at school due to what they did the weekend. I don't have any right to be embarrassed I mean it wasn't me who forced a kiss on someone. I didn't do anything that night worthy of embarrassment. But knowing Roger. He will probably spin the whole story about how he got his bruises and then ill be the one hated by the majority.

I've seen him do it a shit load of times to me and others. All you need is people to back you up. That is one thing that I did not have, although I and Melissa are getting somewhat close. I mean the girl popped by my house on Sunday just to see how I was doing. No snapping attitude or bitchiness. She actually came to see how I was doing.

I think mostly because of the Jacob incident. She was more of a gossip whore trying to scavenge around for the last piece of juicy gossip. Bitch.

Anyway, we spent the whole day together. Doing Lord knows what to entertain ourselves, which mostly consisted of seeing who had the bitchiest comeback. I don't know if she's a closet homophobe or something but that girl has as many gay jokes she has cells in her body.

So back to the Jacob incident. You're probably wondering what happened afterward right? Well, me and Jacob (mostly me) decided whatever it is we have. We'll take it slow. Yes, yes I know. I'm the world's biggest idiot for trying to "take it slow "but I have my reasons.

I got another batch of flowers delivered to me today, and let's just say that I turned as red as a tomato when my mom was the one who received it. She interrogated me until she got answers.

I didn't give her all the info but I did tell her about Jacob. I was a little confused as to why she didn't even suspect. I mean the guy came to my house with flowers in hand. I think she should have noticed something.

She told me she didn't see any flowers and that he said he was here to drop off a project. Well looks like I can count on Jacob to cover up for me with my mom.

He stayed for a while after our... thing. Oh god, I'm not in kinder garden. Our kiss. We talked about anything and everything. He told me about where he lived before he came here. His siblings. He has one little sister and both his parents know about him. I asked him if he was gay or pan or whatever. But he said he was bisexual.

Somehow that just made me even more tensed up because there are more pretty people out there in the world. I'm not feeling sorry for myself it just is. But then I remembered that he chose me. Then I got all tingly inside. Then I wanted to barf.

I told him, reluctantly, about my family. About how my dad left us for another family. That was when I was still too young to even remember it but my mom told me about him when I was old enough. She wanted to know if I wanted to see him. I could see she was breaking inside but she held strong while sharing her pain with me. I told her that if he ever wanted to see me he knew where I was. But that I didn't want to see him for what he put her through.

I had no siblings. It was just me and my mother, and it has been so for as long as I can remember. We talked about school. Who we wanted to be. He wanted to be an astronaut, the first jock to land on the moon. Why did that not shock me?

I told him that I wanted to go to college, the university then works at a law firm. I've always wanted to study law. For personal reasons.

The time passed and eventually, he had to leave. But not without a goodbye kiss and a promise to pick me up for school. I told him he didn't have to but he insisted. Who am I to deny him what he wants.