Equinox: Chapter 12

Start from the beginning

"You guys go to the same school, I can't believe you haven't spent much time with him?" Amie said as they pulled up to a hotel.

Lilly shrugged, "We sit near each other in a class but he's always texting you. Maybe if you didn't occupy all of his time we would be better friends. Think about that bitch." Lilly looked out her window and up at the hotel, "Why are we here?"

The back door of the car opened and Blake climbed into the backseat, leaning forward first to kiss Amie. "Hey ladies." He said as he sat back, "Lilly it's been a couple of days, how are you?"

Lilly, wide eyed, frantically looked at her cousin who gave her an apologetic look. She was now the third wheel on what was going to be a very awkward night. Amie sped into traffic and took them to the mall where they spent a couple of hours following the girl around while she used her dad's credit card to update her fall and winter wardrobe.

While Amie was taking a long time in the change room she and Blake sat awkwardly on the bench waiting. "So, Amie says you come out here a lot." She use to excel at conversation, she can talk to Ace no problem and he was from the same Coven as Blake. Really they should be best friends.

He nodded his head, "Yeah, Amie's great. I have weekends free I want to spend them with her." He smiled as he said it, turning to look at her, "You don't leave the school much, do you?"

She shook her head, "I'm directionally challenged, could end up in Mexico if I'm not careful. First time I went to Willow Creek I got lost and stuck in a storm, Mason had to save me." She hadn't really thought about the night she met Mason. He was nice then, helped her not knowing who she was and letting her follow him into town. Who knew that a few months later he would want nothing to do with her? In the last two weeks she had barely seen him, and from what she learned from Sage he wasn't spending much time at the school anyway.

Blake was talking about football now, something Lilly had no interest in but Amie was apparently trying to find interest in to make Blake happy. It was cute watching them as they walked in front of her holding hands and giggling.

Though as cute as it was Lilly wished that she had not come shopping with them. As they headed into the Victoria Secret she took the time to wander off on her own, going to the Gap or Abercrombie to look at clothes she no longer had money to afford.

Shifting through the sale racks a hand landed on her shoulder. "Lilly?" She turned to see Kevin Glass and his sister Denise standing behind her. She was about to ask them what they were doing there when she remembered they lived and Boston, and this weekend was Vince's funeral. "Were you in town for Vince?"

She wanted to lie and say yes, she was one of the last people to see him alive and the rumour was he died fighting with Mason over her. Of course that was quickly put to rest by the police as Mason had a solid alibi and explained the situation, not to mention when they showed him pictures of the body, according to Sage, he almost puked.

She shook her head and tried to use her frame to over the rack she was looking at, "No, no sorry I just happened to be back at the same time. Was that today, tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow." Kevin offered a weak smile before stepping past her and flipping through the rack. Denise stayed where she was glaring at her. Lilly figured the girl was not her biggest fan as they had not spoken since her arrival at the school. A few times she had spoken with Kevin who was nice enough but the warnings from her Coven suggested he used nice as a cover to get information about their Coven. As Lilly was terrible with secrets she avoided the glass siblings at all costs.

"I'm sorry, by the way." She said quickly, she had not spoken to them since Vince's death, "I haven't had a chance to say it yet, I know he was a friend and everything. I cannot imagine what you're going through."